Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Quilts are on your Bucket List? >

What Quilts are on your Bucket List?

What Quilts are on your Bucket List?

Old 12-02-2015, 07:44 AM

Soooooooo many I just can't list them all......
Old 12-02-2015, 07:47 AM

I don't have a list, but do have a file on my computer of pictures of quilts I like. Have no idea what the names of the patterns are for most of them anyway.

Right now I'm working on finishing up a Martha Washington's Flower garden (variation of Grandmother's) that my Mom started 30 years ago. That is one that would not have ever made it to my "do to" list otherwise!
Old 12-02-2015, 08:50 AM

Double wedding ring. But I'm not sure I'm up to it at this point. We'll see this next year.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:40 AM

I have a bucket list, but they're all my own designs so it wouldn't mean anything to anyone to list them. Alas, I design way faster than I sew.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 AM

I have a few, but some are sitting in my UFO pile (Dear Jane, Gravity, 2 Judy Niemeyer quilts, etc) as well as wanting to do a Hunters Star among others.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:51 AM

I'm just learning FMQ. I want to make a FMQ quilt that looks good in one piece, not QAYG.

I just want to make quilts for everyone in the family. All the kids have a decent quilt now. BIL has one. I'm working on one for my husband. Now I need to do quilts for my mom and dad, my brother and his wife.

Also want to get better at quilting.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:55 PM

Here is my Bucket List: Triple Irish Chain, Chinese Coins--know it is easy, but my sister-in-law had made one and they display it at her memorial service. It was so beautiful, yet so simple.
Storm at Sea, Christmas Quilt; have one about half done. Will be pretty when it is done! Churn Dash;
I know none of these are complicated, but would love to have them all.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

It goes without saying that I have many, many items on my bucket list;

King size quilt for my DS and DDIL, need to find the paint chips for the colors they used when painting their bedroom walls, and consult with DDIL about what pattern to use, although she really liked the mock-up Dresden Plate block I showed her.
2 - block of the month quilts, I have the blocks all sewn together, need to add sashing and borders, and I have the fabric to finish the quilts, not sure why it's taken so long.
2 - Christmas quilts, the tops are finished, I used fabrics from 2 Christmas fabric swaps at the Guild I belonged to at the time, just need to decide if I want to add another border or quilt as is.
Jenny Beyer's block of the month quilt on Craftsy, I'm going to try to talk DH into giving me the quilt kit for Christmas, which could mean that I get busy on the blocks of each month, but the class was free.
A Boston Commons quilt, it took several years to assemble the batik fabrics, but it was fun picking out the fabrics
I also want to make a Double Wedding Ring quilt, I had the precut templates from Shar Jorgensen, that I bought years ago, however, when cleaning my sewing room they were accidentally or deliberately tossed out.
A Christmas kitten fabric kit, top is finished, just need to sandwich and quilt.
I have several Christmas tree skirts started, but not finished, need to sandwich and quilt them.
Then there are dresses I want to make for our DGD, who is a real girly girl and loves to wear dresses.
The 3 wall hangings, Mary, Joseph and the Christ Child, the Shepherds and the Wise Men to be done with black silhouettes, using batik fabrics for the backings. I wish now I had purchased the silhouettes already die cut, but I missed out.

I'll stop now as I'm getting crazy just thinking about all my UFO's I need to finish as well as projects I want to start.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by btiny36 View Post
Hum lets see: Glimmer and Gravity both by Jaybird oh heck just about anything by Jaybird (have all her rulers),
DWR by Eleanor Burns her new one Nouveau,
Storm At Sea I have the ruler
Original Moon Glow by Jinny Beyer (have the kit for a few years)
A Judy Niemeyer pattern,
A bargello quilt Have more patterns and books to make one
Another pattern designer I would like to make patterns from is Cozy Quilts
Okay so those are on the top of my list.
I have a folder (maybe more) of quilts I think I'd like to try some day. The only one I can think of, offhand, is "Storm at Sea."
Old 12-02-2015, 06:44 PM

DWR, a bargello, Dear Jane (starting on it in the spring), farmer's wife, and four leave-behind quilts for my grandchildren. There are a few others, but that's enough for now.