Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What sewing machines are compatible with Janome accessories? >

What sewing machines are compatible with Janome accessories?

What sewing machines are compatible with Janome accessories?

Old 01-06-2014, 07:32 PM

Default What sewing machines are compatible with Janome accessories?

I have a Janome Platinum that I love, love, love and I want to buy another machine that I can use the same feet with. I saw a Viking machine that has a "New Home" logo on the back of the machine but I don't know if Viking and Janome are made by the same company. So I got to wondering if there are other machines made by the same company that makes Janome. I really don't want another machine with attachments that aren't interchangeable.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:40 PM

It may be that only Janome feet will work on Janome. I have a Viking and my family all has Vikings .. and not all the feet are interchangeable within Viking machines. One reason I have not purchased a new machine is the cost of buying all the new feet. Viking made White machines... and I had this wild idea if I bought the White feet ( they cost less) they would fit in my Viking... not so... they would snap on the same but the needle opening was off by a millimeter.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:29 PM

I found that out with my Bernina too. Not all Bernina bobbins are alike!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:34 PM

Elna and janome are sister lines and the local shop regularly interchanges their feet during demo time.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:20 AM

Most Viking and Janome machines are not able to exchange accessories. I have Viking machines and a friend has Janome and they don't mix.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:23 AM

Why don't you just buy another Janome?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:18 AM

Many of the feet and accessories made for newer machines are not interchangeable with other brands. Husqvarna feet and accessories are not even compatible with other Husqvarnas. I was so annoyed as I had a Husqvarna #1 Plus with everything including a $125 walking foot. I got a Husqvaran Prelude 360 to take to class and the walking foot from my bigger machine would not fit! I had to buy another $125 walking foot. Evidently Husqvarna divides its machines into "different classes" and of course I had a class 1 machine and a class 5 machine. Husqvarna feet and accessories are not compatible with anything else. I too would suggest you buy another Janome. Their machines seem to be able to share feet with other Janomes but again I'd check first before assuming that they do.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:20 AM

If you were in Northern IL I would suggest my favorite dealer. Necchi Newhome /Kellys Sewing Center in Rockford. They had a Janome 12000 on sale for $8000! But all my Janome machines have come with the feet I need. The only feet I have purchased for the basic machine is the 1/4 inch guide and the walking foot. Both of those are included with the quilting or embroidery machines. As long as your Janome has the same width for the teeth their feet are compatible. Even the bobbins are totally the same.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:25 AM

I know that Janome makes Kenmore, when ever I used to order from "Kenmore" a new foot it would come and the package would say Janome too. I own Vikings, most of the feet interchange but some don't, the mega quilter walking foot doesn't fit onto my Diamond and I'm sure there are a few others but some of my feet from the Viking #1 will work, few of the hoops will work though