Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what is >

what is

what is

Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 AM

Try looking up Gai Perry, she use to be the queen of Watercolor quilts, I have a couple of her books and took classes from her years ago.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM

Here's a watercolor that I'm doing for sis. Ignore the borders, they're coming off!!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81269.jpe  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 AM

One of the members of this board does beautiful watercolor log cabin quilts. Just use SEARCH above to find them.

OK, here's the link.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-23211-1.htm

barnbum is the maker of this glorious quilt!! Love it!!
Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM

I have a couple watercolor quilt books that I ready to sell if your interested. They are from a pet & smoke free home.

More Quick Watercolor Quilts by Dina Pappas; That Patchwork Place; 2001, 80p. In this sequel to Quick Watercolor Quilts Dina Pappas expands her simple fuse, fold, and stitch method to include rectangles and triangles as well as squares. The book offers brightly colored photos and detailed instructions for ten quilting projects that use fusible interfacing and a timesaving grid system, and give a watercolor appearance to such classic patterns as Irish Chain and Trip Around the World, as well as traditional baskets and eight-pointed stars. You’ll quickly learn to sew up to 85% fewer seams than traditional watercolor quilts require. $13.00, plus shipping

Quick Watercolor Quilts: The Fuse, Fold, and Stiitch Method by Dina Papas; That Patchwork Place; 1999, 111p. Create the wildly popular look of watercolor quilts in a wink of the time! Learn to make quilts that use watercolor wreaths, hearts, baskets, and other pictorial motifs as a focus. the technique is simple- you'll instantly reduce the number of seams to sew, using fast fusible ineterfacing and as few as three fabrics. Now beginning and advanced quilters can all join the watercolor craze! Discover How To: Stitch up 13 beautiful scenic watercolor-style quilts in a snap; Sew 80% fewer seams than traditional watercolor quilts require. Align seams perfectly without expert rotary-cutting skills (the interfacing forgives inaccurate cutting!) (Out of Print) $15.00, plus shipping

Originally Posted by quilterwanabe7
wow that sounds so cool wonder where I'd find a picture or pattern I am very interested in this type of quilt!
thank you
not too much detail
perfect to understand! :thumbup:
More Quick Watercolor Quilts by Dina Pappas
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81187[/ATTACH]

Quick Watercolor Quilts: The Fuse, Fold, and Stiitch Method by Dina Papas
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81188[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81182.jpe   attachment-81183.jpe  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:33 AM

Here is a watercolor quilt I made a while back.

Summer Bouquet pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81191[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81186.jpe  
Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 AM

I think this pattern is in one of the Pappas books as I know I have seen it.

Originally Posted by renee765
Here's a watercolor wall hanging I did a while back. It's a Whims Watercolor Kit. It was a lot of fun to make once I got over the fear of where to put each floral square! (Colors are more vibrant in person than in this pic.)
Old 07-07-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by quilterwanabe7
wow that sounds so cool wonder where I'd find a picture or pattern I am very interested in this type of quilt!
thank you
not too much detail
perfect to understand! :thumbup:
The web site that Magpie posted has a free pattern you can download
Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
Here's a watercolor wall hanging I did a while back. It's a Whims Watercolor Kit. It was a lot of fun to make once I got over the fear of where to put each floral square! (Colors are more vibrant in person than in this pic.)
Beautiful. My daughter gave me a watercolor quilt kit for Mothers day, but I have about 5 more projects to do first:)
Old 07-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Years and years ago (about 35) my husband and I took the kids to the Denver art musem. They were having an exibit of Appalacian folk art. (This was in the mid 70's). The one thing I remember was this really BIG quilt. Standing close it just looked like a bunch of different 2 inch squares. Then when you backed away it was this georgeous pictue of a log cabin in the mountains. I can still see it in my mind's eye.