Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What a wonderful quilt weekend we had

Well, Katie and I had a blast at our little quilt away at the church here in town. I didn't get hardly anything done but, I figured I needed to invest my time working with Katie and my friend Mary. Best to help others to learn so that I will always have quilt Buddy's. Mary made a Brown Bear quilt top. Not bad for her first time. Katie finished her Crazy Eight other than Borders. I started my quilt. What was I thinking. Half squares and flying gleese galore. I got one block made for the quilt but, all the little pieces are put together. I finished catching up my block of the month and worked a little on my Take five which will be a utility quilt for the couch this fall.

We had soooooo much fun and will be doing another in the fall. :)

Sounds like a great time. Glad you had fun.

Blog Entries
    How fun! I don't suppose you were too busy to snap a pic or two? :wink:
    And I agree; invest time with others... quilting buddies is a great idea!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a blast ! I am jealous.. I don't have any quilting buddies..LOL working on one though..
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful way to spend the weekend! How nice of you to help your buddies, too!!!

Sounds like fun. I have a group that gets together at church one weekend a month, 10 months of the year. We do a 5 - 11ish on Friday night and 9-3 on Saturday. It is so great to have quilting friends to get together with!!! Glad you had a good time and hope you can all meet on a regular basis!!!

Our group even has a quasi quilt show on Mothers day. I will be hanging 7 or 8 of the ones I finished this year, that I still have possession of