Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what would you call the halfway point? >

what would you call the halfway point?

what would you call the halfway point?

Old 01-14-2016, 04:26 AM

Default what would you call the halfway point?

I started a DWR that I am going to give my nephew as a wedding gift. So I have a time I want to be completed by.

I have a date that I marked as the halfway point in time for the "done date" that I have in mind.

To those who have completed a DWR what would you call the halfway point of the work? I don't want to fall behind

I have everything cut. I have one ring done so could be sure everything worked correctly.

Do you think the halfway point would be when I get all of the arcs sewn? Or maybe not until I get all of the arcs sewn onto the melons and I am ready to sew on to the backgrounds to start making the rings?

What do you guys think?
Old 01-14-2016, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

​I have not made one but I would think having all my melons done ready to assemble the top would be my half way point.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

I would think having half of the number of melons pieced to the background would be my half. That is what I consider the most difficult part.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

My idea of halfway would be when the top is finished and ready to be quilted; maybe more like 3/4 of the way, throwing in the basting.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:36 AM

For my halfway point I put the sandwiching as it always takes me ages to deside how to quilt.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:52 AM

ok thanks for your thoughts.. I am going to send this to a long armer to quilt so I won't have to worry about that. (this is my first time using a long armer)

So it sounds like maybe I won't think that I am halfway through until I have all of the arcs on the melons and have got a good start on sewing those to the backgrounds

that wasn't the hardest part that had (so far) putting the second arc on the melon so everything lines up has been my biggest headache so far
Old 01-14-2016, 09:28 AM

I cut mine out 9 years ago, still not half way, maybe about 1/5 of the way. Oh, if I would work on it, maybe I would get it finished. This one is for me though.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:16 PM

My daughter got engaged at Christmas back in 1999 and planned her wedding for May, 2000. I had the quilt top made in 3 months and sent it to my Amish friend to hand quilt. It was done and here by the bridal shower. So go ahead and do the arches, melons, etc. I did this one in browns and it turned out really nice. I sleep under it now when I go there to visit.