Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you do with 200 Civil War repros? >

What would you do with 200 Civil War repros?

What would you do with 200 Civil War repros?

Old 03-27-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by BizyStitches
Originally Posted by Eddie
I'm doing a Seven Sisters pattern in Civil War repros. This pattern was very popular in the South in the mid to late 1800s. Below is a sample of one of the blocks. These are very easy to make when using a no-set-in-seams method of piecing.
Where can I find the pattern for this block? Very nice, but looks hard
Sent you a PM. :)
Old 03-27-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I made a scrappy CW, too. I didn't buy much of each fabric, but what you have would work for this, I bet. The pattern is on Bonnie Blue's site. She has amazing fabrics.
Wow, another beauty! I've saved this one, too in my "ideas" folder for future use!
Old 03-27-2010, 04:32 PM

Thanks, Eddie. My husband is a CW expert. He was never interested in having a quilt of his own until I discovered CW repros. He got very interested then. :wink: I'm going to put this one in a quilt show next month.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Thanks, Eddie. My husband is a CW expert. He was never interested in having a quilt of his own until I discovered CW repros. He got very interested then. :wink: I'm going to put this one in a quilt show next month.
Well, I can see why he got interested, tha fabrics are great and your quilt is spectacular. Good luck on the quilt show, I think you will do very well!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:09 PM

mgshaw & barnbum, gorgeous quilts as always!! You both do such spectacular work.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 PM

JUMPING JUDY, I have the Farmer's Wife Sampler book and want to start it but don't know where to purchase the fabric. Where did you purchase your fabric and did you use a certain colorway? Thanks a million!

Originally Posted by jumpin' judy
How 'bout Farmer's Wife. It is a sampler with 6 1/2" blocks. I'm doing mine out of CW repros.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:50 PM

In 09, I purchased a batch of FQs from Pat's Fat Quarters on eBay. She was very prompt in shipping & very pleasant to deal with. The CW repros I bought are Old Strubridge in reds. She has Auctions & Buy It Now, so maybe the ones of you who are looking for CW fabrics can find something you like there. Happy Shopping & Happy Quilting days ahead. Spring is here in Alabama.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:41 PM

All of you that have graciously shared pics of your quilts, Thanks so much! I love all of them! CW is one of my favorite fabrics. Bonnie Blue always has 2 booths set up at the Houston Quilt Show and the booths are just fantastic! It is a booth I spend a lg part of my money at ea. year just because her fabrics & kits are so nice. I have the Glory Bound kit that is shown in this topic, just need the time to get it done. CW Quilts are really just beautiful.

You can choose your favorite blocks from that era, do it in your fav. fabrics and have a gorgeous quilt. Even 1 block done in various fabrics is gorgeous.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:18 PM

Ditto for me...
Old 03-27-2010, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by grannysewer
Eddie, where did you find the no set in seams pattern? I would like to try this pattern.
I forgot to click quote...ditto for me...