Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you say is a Modern Country look? >

What would you say is a Modern Country look?

What would you say is a Modern Country look?

Old 09-26-2011, 04:12 AM

I think the last one in your links is really nice, although I do not know what modern country means. Maybe not thimbleberries type quilt. Did you notice the price on that third quilt? It sells at KMart for $45.00, Sigh.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
The hue of the colors she named don't give you much information. The value and tone or shade would tell you a lot. Burgandy, deep blue, deep green say jewel tones to me not rustic colors. It's all in the value and tone or shade. You need a LOT more clarification. Beside having her give you pictures of quilt patterns that she likes, you should have her give you paint chips of the colors she actually wants. Is she wanting the clear pure hues, hue (color)
tones with white or shaded with black? Unless you have a really good color wheel that you can show and discuss with her, she needs to go to a paint store and pick out the colors she likes. Then does she want these colors in patterns? Small patterns? Large patterns? floral? paisleys? You have NO workable information at all! Good Luck.
take her with you to pick out the fabric....
Old 09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

I think this lends itself to traditional blocks more so than the new patterns. Can you let her look at some patterns and be part of the decision process?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:30 AM

Martingale has a new book coming out in October called 'Urban Country Quilts'. You can go to their website and see pictures of all the quilts in the book.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Thanks everyone, I having a meeting with her next week, we will discuss and go from there...I have never heard that term, so i figured i would ask here first LOL
Old 09-26-2011, 03:13 PM

It's exactly what Rose Marie said.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
Its just a less cluttered look than the usual country decor.
Not so feminine and ruffled looking.
Not the cutesy look.
Its clean cut with a country touch instead of all modern.
That's how I think of it and with a lot of white included-clean and crisp, but not without warm colors. But I'm no interior decorator!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:29 PM

Taiboo,

I had fun speculating as to what "modern country" might mean and even more fun reading the interpretations of others.

PLEASE PROMISE THAT YOU'LL LET US ALL KNOW HOW YOUR CLIENT DESCRIBES IT WHEN YOU MEET WITH HER!!!

Inquiring minds want to know :-)
Old 09-27-2011, 08:25 AM

I just made a quilt for my mother-in-law, based on the colors she gave me, and I showed her some fabric I picked out, which she liked. The whole thing was pretty stressful for me, I have never made a quilt for someone this way, I usually make the quilt my way, and then give it as a gift. I have it finished, but haven't had a chance to give it to her yet. I'm really hoping she likes it, though I still an nervous about it.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 AM

CharlottsQuilts, will you post a picture of your MIL's quilt?