Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would your ultimate He-Man super masculine quilt consist of? >

What would your ultimate He-Man super masculine quilt consist of?

What would your ultimate He-Man super masculine quilt consist of?

Old 04-04-2015, 12:22 PM

I am thinking more in the color range . What is their favorite color, 2nd, hobby/likes, etc. Then take it from there. Not all man are He-Man type. What about sport team they might like ? Golf, soccer, basketball, football,wrestling, boxing,tennis. on and on.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:51 PM

My DH wanted a T-shirt quilt out of his college team shirts, otherwise he's with Tim, likes dark, rich colors in tonals--although he appreciates about any quilt I make! Son, who is super car guy, likes quilts that also use dark, rich--especially need some green in them, and likes the complex graphics--his wedding quilt is the Navaho Sunrise by Jinny Beyer and done in green, tans, blacks (for him) and violets, teal, purples (her). Both are appreciative of the complex patterns and the son especially has a great eye for color and design. DH says the quilting of feathers is a little "fou-fou" for men!
Old 04-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Power Poster

The males in my life are all very different, an artist/metal worker, architect, defence force, accountant, scientist.....All seem drawn to the geometry.....from simple (rail fence) to complex. One son (defence force) is an avid 4X4 freak...and loves things military and american. So many of the 'quilts of valor' prints appeal to him. All of them like the 'thrown together' waggas I make out of old clothes, especially their Dad's.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:05 PM

Here is my manly quilt like the majority of the folks who have posted I feel it is a personable thing some guys like cars, or horses, or hunting, I have made two for my DH and he has helped in the cutting and some of the layout
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 04-05-2015, 02:17 AM

Patti I like that, makes me want to applique similar shapes into some blocks.
Old 04-05-2015, 05:57 AM

My favorite "man" quilt was a 10-minute for my grandson. He loved it too!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]515945[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails christian.jpg  
Old 04-05-2015, 11:56 AM

My husband really likes the quilt I made for him from homespuns. He is not into sports either indoor or outdoor. It was a rag quilt. I had made one for him about 7 years ago which was destroyed in a fire and he wanted another as he calls it his "magic quilt" because as soon as he snuggles under it, he falls asleep. The colors are shades of browns, green, blue and red and plaid fabric.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Same here. My 20-year-old son liked a zigzag quilt I made so much, he asked for it. I was surprised because it's mostly pastels, including peaches and pinks. But he liked it, so I gave it to him!

My husband is the same way. He prefers the design of the quilt over the print of the fabric. I'm thankful for this; I've never been much into novelty prints.
Same here. The last quilt that Hubby really commented on was a rainbow mock bargello baby quilt! I am so lucky! He's a very big, masculine man who doesn't mind admitting that he also likes a lot of the "Chick flicks" and cannot tolerate mistreatment of women in any venue! He's retired from an oil company and is still doing farming, but would never ask for a quilt...much less one on these subjects!!
Old 04-05-2015, 12:30 PM

I must add...My DGS loved the throw I did with the wolf panel and the bear wall hanging. I am in the process of making him one from neutral Japanese design fabrics in a variation of drunkard's path.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:06 PM

Good contrasting Solid Colors/and Stripes or Plaids ... outdoor print fabrics.. hunting Camo etc... probably in Forest Green, Navy, Rust , with touches of Burgundy or Turquoise or Brick maybe some Deep Gold too..