Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you making for Holiday gift giving?

HI Randy! thanks allot for sharing your pics.........you do lovely work! I have only quilted for (almost) one year.......so I appreciate all of the ideas ans all! you have a wonderful Christmas! Keep up the wonderful work! nancy

I made a full size quilt. I'm also making wall hangings for 3 or 4 people. and Pillows.

Banned
    I have made a scrap quilt in the Spider Web pattern and a lap robe for my secret pal in the Front Porch pattern from Elenor Burns book "Quilting Thru the Seasons"

This is my secret pal's lap robe
    Name:  Attachment-55026.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  63.4 KB

This is my son's quilt
    Name:  Attachment-55680.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  81.1 KB

Boo
    Both of those a gorgeous!!! I am partial to scrappy. You do fine work, thank you for sharing the pics. :D

Here I am, just hobbling along with my last 2 quilts for Christmas gifts. They are the Laurel Burch horses made into the Nine Patch Pizzazz pattern for my middle daughter and one of her friends in Texas. My daughter lives on a horse ranch and has turned into quite the horse person, thanks to her friends. One is almost done and the other is half done. Hope I can get them both finished this weekend and in the mail. Working in retail at this time of year sucksm, no time for my hobby.

Randy,
    I like your petal pinchushions. Is there a pattern for them? Thanks.
    Louise :D

I made blankets for my grands and great grands. The girls were picture fram girls with animals. The boys dragons and lighting.
    For one daughter I designed a table runner and place mats. Still have one I'm working on now and a throw to do for another son in law to use while watching his ball games. :roll:

Hi JudyJo: I got the pincushion pattern and instructions from:

quiltmaker.com - then you can type in "Pin Blossom Pin Cushion" in the little SEARCH box and click on Go. There will be a number of pin cushions to choose from but once you get to the page you can pick and choose whichever ones you are interested in. They are easy to make and I think they make cute little gifts. On the blue one in the front of the picture I posted, I put an elastic wrist band on the back of the pin cushion so it can be worn if you want to keep it close. Enjoy and hope you make lots

Hi Louise:
    I got the pattern from Quiltmaker.com site. I posted how to get the pattern in a note to JudyJo above. Good luck and keep sewing. Randy

Thank you. The tablerunners did turn out nice. They are patterns we learned in a couple quilt classes I took through our local college...simple and I think very attractive. Keep Sewing! Randy

New to this forum and just love what everyone is making. JudyJo..I love those CW ornaments. I am working on a CW for a king size bed and am about 1/4 way done. I did make one of the CW ornaments last night and it turned out beautiful. Great little gifts for friends.
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Randy, The instructions are located further up in this same post. I think on page one, but not sure. Just go back thru the topic and you should find them.
    Okay, maybe I am blind, but this post is now 5 pages long and I still haven't found the instructions for the CW Ornaments. I know my eyes are getting bad, but I didn't think they were that bad.

Donna
    page one and it will show you a pix of the CW ornaments. Click on download for pattern.
    Barb

Hi Donna....Boo is correct - the picture of my ornaments is on page one of the thread "What are you making for the holidays..." But the directions are in another thread called Cathedral Ornaments (pg 4). Click on download. I know ... it's confusing. Hope this helps.

Judyjo

I went to the Cathedral Windows ornament on pg. 1, hit the "download" and got the picture but no instructions so my little pea brain just isn't "getting" where or how to get to the instructions. Maybe I'll see if a quilter friend can help me with the CW pattern. Thanks for trying to help us find the pattern. Randy

Randy, I started a new thread for the ornament. It is on page 4 of the main forum. Scroll down until you see Cathedral Window Ornament. Open that window and then hit "download". You should get the directions.

JudyJo

Go to the "Main" page and type in cathedral window ornament in the search and the topic will come up, then scroll down and you should find the directions. Don't give up!

Quote Originally Posted by judyjo
    Hi Donna....Boo is correct - the picture of my ornaments is on page one of the thread "What are you making for the holidays..." But the directions are in another thread called Cathedral Ornaments (pg 4). Click on download. I know ... it's confusing. Hope this helps. Judyjo
    Just think, I can run just about any program, even without instructions. Can't fix anything tho. But sometimes things like this make me feel so, ah, inadequate!

Thanks, got both pics and instructions now.

Hi Deforseth:
    I just love your scrap quilts. You have arranged your colors so nicely. I tried your spider web pattern a few months ago but gave up on it and went to the Dresden Plate pattern for 2 quilts to use up my scraps. I may revisit the spiderweb now that I see your. Nice work! Keep Sewing.
    Randy
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a beautiful quilt. I've never thought of doing a dresden plate that way.

Thank you. Randy

Judy Jo...FOUND THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CW ORNAMENTS. Thank you..
    I'm self taught on the computer so I can get stumped pretty quick but your instructions were clear and I now have the instructions and the pictures. I'm going to try to make one today. Thanks, keep sewing! Randy

Suz
    Fantastic job! You are to be congratulated over and over. Isn't is hard to be humble when you hear so many kind words? After all your hard work and planning, they are your due. Enjoy and keep stitching. Blessings, Suzanne

Randy, that is a beautiful quilt. I never thought of doing a dresden plate like that, either. I'm working on a spider web table runner with my Christmas scraps. At the rate I'm going it won't get done until next year.

Judyjo

Oops....glad you found the instructions for the ornament. Good luck with it.

JudyJo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast