Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you stitching this weekend? >

What are you stitching this weekend?

What are you stitching this weekend?

Old 10-23-2011, 12:51 AM

not stitching on the weekend, as the boys are here and need their room and beds. through the week I tend to take over their room, and use the beds as a place to spread out my fabric. hehe

tomorrow I will hopefully finished cutting the last 100 strips then can get started on the quilt blocks.

so excited to do this.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:50 AM

I went to a quilt show yesterday and had a blast. Here are the pictures to prove it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-162428-1.htm

I have a couple of projects that I want to start, but I really need to finish knitting a hat I started last month. Time to get 'er done.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:38 AM

After 2 1/2 years, I'm putting the finishing touches on my GFG hand stitched English paper piece quilt top. I'm going to the quilt shop, maybe Joann's today to buy batting. Then Monday to the LQS to figure out what I want to use for backing fabric. I'm not sure if I want a solid back or not. But there it is, that's what I'm working on. I'm still working on my Applique wall hanging, almost finished that. Next, is a Dear Jane hand stitched quilt....after I start that you may not hear from me for the next 3 years, lololol...
Old 10-23-2011, 02:41 AM

Getting 2 quilts ready for the long arm quilter. Cutting backing, trimming threads etc. I have 4 more projects to finish so that will take up my time once I get the quilts ready to go. I'm determined to finish everything so I can concentrate on my Sylvias Bridal Sampler.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:45 AM

I have been cutting fabric to make some Christmas table runners. I went to Craft & Quilt Fair last Thursday so I am keen to try out some of the things I learnt at the workshops. I took photos of some of the quilts so when I work out how to post them I shall do so.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:24 AM

I was trying to finish my newest grandson's quilt. All I have left is quilting and binding and my sewing machine is acting up....so I think that today will be all about cutting the fleece squares for the joint venture with my husband. He is going to embroidery thirty squares - the entire Night Before Christmas story and I am going to transform them into a quilt.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:30 AM

Sample for the class I am teaching on Tuesday. Nothing like last minute. ha
Old 10-23-2011, 03:34 AM

I'm busy doing Community Service work. I have just finished enough of my Ultimate Scrap blocks (24' blocks) that I designed for a top for the youth shelter. I am going to use a sheet for the backing and quilt it on my friend's long arm using a simple meander. I am also trying out a new Cancer Cap pattern which I got from a lady at the quilt show yesterday who makes them by the dozens. Then there is my small but growing pile of aprons. We have a local group that meets a couple of times a month and makes "goodies" to deliver to those needing a hug in our community. I make all new members of this group an apron because I am not always available to cook or deliver and I think it is wonderful Community outreach.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:38 AM

I am making a Christmas table runner that is ready to be quilted today. I embroidered a Christmas design on a towel, and did a few outdoor things till I pinched my thumb and bled all over the place, so put an end to my sewing for the day. Today I will bind 2 flannel/fleece quilts to be sent to Vermont for the flood victims. Then I will see how much day is left to finish the table runner.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 AM

Worked on a few pieces of my mystery quilt.