Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are youor favorite blender fabrics? >

What are youor favorite blender fabrics?

What are youor favorite blender fabrics?

Old 10-01-2022, 12:46 PM

Default What are youor favorite blender fabrics?

I am sure that some of you have a go to brand for your blender/backgroound fabrics - I know I do for a couple. I love the tone-on-tone fabrics becaues of the movement. Sometimes I think I am in a rut so I thought I would get ideas from the rest of you.

If I want a light blender,/background I audition a lot of fabrics and usually wind up using Fairy Frost Snow. I like the subtle moovement that it gives the background.

If I want a blue, I had a 10 yard piece of Moda MarblesRoyal blue that I bought years ago and am now down to inches. The new version of the fabric is not quite the same shade but is ok.

The black that I have used most is Kona black but it is thinner and I am open to suggestions (the Moda Marbles black that I have seen in person has too much gray).
Old 10-01-2022, 01:07 PM

I really like Moda Grunge. I'm not really into girly, flowery, vine-y, swirly, backgrounds.
Old 10-01-2022, 01:13 PM

When I need a blender fabric, I usually reach for Moda Marble Fabrics It works with whatever fabric your quilt has, whether your quilt has flowery, geometrics, or any type of fabric design in it.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:23 PM

I don't look for a particular brand but I am always on the look out for fabrics that can be used for blenders especially if they are sale ones. When I used to shop hops, I would sometimes pick a theme and that is what I looked for at the every stop on the hop. One year it was polk-a-dots as my niece wanted a that in her quilt. Another year it was purples, then black and white, and blenders is also good!

Old 10-01-2022, 03:36 PM

I am total grunge girl! Its my go to for blenders when using regular quilt fabrics, always well made and the colors are divine.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:11 PM

Mods Grunge is definitely my go-to.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:24 PM

I am a tone on tone user. Everything from white on white to white on cream or very light tan One that I particularly like is call Flirt Doodle Cream. There is just enough white on the very light cream to make it not look just white or just cream and the pattern is so subtle that it does not appear flowery. I use the Moda Marble if I want bolder colors. I have used cheddar, yellow, turquoise, dark blue and a middle "summer" blue, oh and purple with pleasing results.
Old 10-01-2022, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

I use whatever colors I have and will look good with the other colors. I don't buy any name brand fabrics.

I make donation quilts for foster care children in my county. Once they leave here I don't know what happens to them.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:57 PM

One of my favorite "blender" lines is Hopscotch by RJR Fabrics. Here's a link: https://www.rjrfabrics.com/hopscotch....html?view=all For backgrounds, I like "Deconstructed Dandelions" in vanilla bean, cloud or black.

Edyta Sitar makes some beautiful background fabrics. Laundry Basket Quilts: https://www.rjrfabrics.com/hopscotch....html?view=all
Old 10-01-2022, 08:20 PM

Another grunge girl here. I love the colors and the variation in the fabric. It’s easy to tell the front from the back. I purchased about 12 colors of grunge for the next project on my EMB machine