Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your "must do" patterns? >

What are your "must do" patterns?

What are your "must do" patterns?

Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 AM

I saw one on a you tube video yesterday that was called "Waste Knot", and I have not been able to locate the pattern anywhere. It was done in oriental prints on black fabric. Wish I could find it. (Sigh)
Old 08-31-2010, 07:28 AM

I have a note book full of pics of "must do" maybe I'll get to them before I die
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by stefanib123
I found a quilt pattern yesterday on here, the spin star that I absolutely MUST do.

I was wondering if anyone else has a pattern that they've came across and simply MUST DO!
I MUST do a family picture quilt. Have all the pics transferred to fabric. Now must figure out a pattern.

Another is a space quilt. I have collected all the patches the astronauts wore on their suits from the first flight with Alan Shepherd. It has taken me two years to find the kind of fabric I wanted but just got the last one a week ago. I have a couple of projects I must finish first but my fingers are just itchin' to start that space one.

I have lived in Florida since 1954 and the space flights have always been a part of our lives.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 AM

I have about 20 on my list. Yesterday, I bought a bunch of page protectors, notebooks, index pages, etc., and decided to put all of my patterns in notebooks instead of the boxes I currently have them in. I got two notebooks thinking I would have one for quilting patterns and one for general sewing patterns.

Well guess what? I used BOTH notebooks (big ones) for my quilting patterns. Yikes! Most of them were free off the internet, so it's not like I've spent a fortune on them, but still, that's a LOT of patterns.

So . . . . yesterday I took the "No More Patterns Pledge," (I made up the name) and decided that I would not buy OR PRINT any more patterns unless the pattern is so stunningly beautiful that I plan to move it to the front of the line. In other words, no more patterns to do someday. It's today, or not at all!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Char
I saw one on a you tube video yesterday that was called "Waste Knot", and I have not been able to locate the pattern anywhere. It was done in oriental prints on black fabric. Wish I could find it. (Sigh)
Here's link - it's not to youtube, but the pattern says "Waste Knot". It's down the page a bit.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
I always wanted to do a Hunter's Star. I found a cool ruler at the Hershey Show and have done two quilts and will be teaching it in a class in the fall.
I went to a quilt show 20 days after putting together my first quilt and saw a Hunter's Star. It has been on my 'must do' list since. Recently found what I consider to be the perfect fabrics and now, 5-1/2 years later, am finally making one. Attaching a picture of the first four blocks, finished quilt will probably have 80 blocks. Saw a tutorial on this board from a Russian lady and am using her technique. Would like to know about the 'cool ruler' you found.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108086.jpe  
Old 08-31-2010, 08:37 AM

Where did you find the spin star pattern?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:08 AM

A Memorial quilt is a great idea and I can tell you're thinking big! One of my first quilting projects was making small (7"x7") mini-quilts out of my mother-in-law's clothing. I was just starting to quilt, so it was a log cabin design. I made enough for everyone in my husband's generation and the grandkids. I hung each on a miniature hanger with the small craft clothespins. I stitched a heart somewhere on each and used a few of her old vintage buttons on each quilt. Everyone was delighted. You might think about using your leftover fabrics for something like these to share your love!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:18 AM

I usually have many. Then once or twice a year, I go through them all and decide that many of them have changed to "WANT TO DO"
Old 08-31-2010, 10:38 AM

Could not list them all but, I want to do a twisty bargello, a star spin, cathedral windows, dreamer weaver? or something like that. I have bought and down loaded many many patterns that are on my "bucket list". But my family and extended family are continually-getting married, having babies, etc. and life just gets in the way....guess I'll have to start making my bucket list quilts and give them away.