Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your "must-have" in a sewing room? >

What is your "must-have" in a sewing room?

What is your "must-have" in a sewing room?

Old 04-01-2010, 04:23 PM

great idea Penny Doty..........you and your landlord made out, he didn't have to dump it and you got an ironing table.....HOORAY.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grandmafay
great idea Penny Doty..........you and your landlord made out, he didn't have to dump it and you got an ironing table.....HOORAY.
Yes it is. it is amazing what we can think of when we don't have money. I looked at that door for a week sitting out side, and finely asked if I could have it. Penny
Old 04-03-2010, 10:28 AM

Janice4, My DH and I are VERY interested in the peg board. How did your hubby make it? Is there something that sets it out from the wall? A frame around it? We'd like to make one for my sewing room. Thanx for any info you can give us.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Google Goddess

Lots of cool ideas here and love the pictures
Old 04-17-2010, 08:51 AM

Just testing
Old 04-17-2010, 08:52 AM

test
Old 04-17-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Corry
In response to the plug in problem.....when my hubby set up my sewing room he bought me a strip with about 5 plug ins and screwed it to the wall a few inchs from my design wall and convenient to my sewing table. He bought one with just a four ft cord so it is just long enough to go down the wall and to the plug down there on the wall. It is so convenient! Sounds like such a little thing but when ya have a bad back it is a great convenience. As far as light...he bought me a 4ft shop light and hung it from the ceiling and boy is that room lit up now! It is not a pretty light but it looks fine! I bought a few of those plastic drawers from Walmart. They have 3 drawers in them about 20 or 30 inches wide and 6 or 7 inches deep. I stack them and it holds alot of fabric or what ever you want to put in them. I have another one shoved under the end of my sewing table. My most recent addition to my sewing room is my screen door!! My hubby made me a screen door so my dogs and my kitty can not get in my sewing room but the air conditioning can get in. I normally kept the door shut when not in there sewing but in the hot months of the year it got really hot in there because the a/c was not able to circulate into the room. My stabilizer for doing machine embroidery was gummy when i tried to use it and i would have to turn on the ac unit in that room to cool it off when i wanted to sew. It would take an hour or so before it was cool in there. Sounds all good but having the screen door solves the problem and now don't have to crank up the other ac and saves money. Keeps the kitty out and off my table. He even painted the door and the screen pink to match my room.
Now all this is good, good, good. Hubby sounds fantastic. Kitty sounds fantastic. Lighting is just tooo good! And the screen door is a dream come true. You could almost feel like you have some of the good ole outdoors when your inside sewing. That he painted it pink is icing on the cake. Your world sounds like fun. Enjoy. I liked your story.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:44 AM

Mary Jane, i really like your corner desk and wondered if someone made it for you or did you buy it somewhere? I need to get one for my sewing/craft/computor room....it's so crouded in here that i can hardly move and need to rearrange things a bit in order to get sewing again.

thanks,
Fay
Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by grandmafay
Mary Jane, i really like your corner desk and wondered if someone made it for you or did you buy it somewhere? I need to get one for my sewing/craft/computor room....it's so crouded in here that i can hardly move and need to rearrange things a bit in order to get sewing again.

thanks,
Fay
My desk was a left-over when my daughter left the nest. Not sure where she bought it, so I just called her in NC and she couldn't remember but thought perhaps it might have been KMart...since the 'Big K' is in a "quick-trip" distance from home.

Good luck, it's been a while.......but let me tell you..it is great, accommodates all the necessities.....

Happy hunting..MaryJane
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Google Goddess

a comfortable chair and light