Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your 2023 quilting goals >

What are your 2023 quilting goals

What are your 2023 quilting goals

Old 12-15-2022, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
Gosh, I don’t know where 2022 has gone, but I will be glad when it is over! I hope that 2023 is not as challenging!

1: Still EQ8, I think that I either need to make this happen or sell it. Granted this past 4 months have been life changing and there is some adjustment and change's, but I really would like to spend more time learning it.

3: Pull patterns for the many I have, go through my stash and kit them up.

4: I really need to do another big organization of fabric. I think I am going to get back on Etsy and start listing again. I was very happy with the results last time.

7: Make at least on OBW quilt. I have a huge collection on perfect OBW fabrics. It’s time to get sewing!

What are your goals for 2023? I look forward to hearing your’s and getting wonderful inspiration!
I gave up on EQ, it was taking way too much time to try to learn. I decided to I'd rather be sewing. I gave it to someone who does a lot of charity quilts.

I've started kitting some of my fabrics with patterns. That way, I don't use a fabric I had in mind when I get a pattern, whether free or purchased. Or, lose/misplace the pattern, which has also happened. That is harder to do when it's packaged with the fabric. They don't necessarily get put in a bag or anything, but just the bundle with the pattern tucked inside the top piece of fabric wrapped around all. That way, they can breathe.

I also have a OBW in progress. Did a couple many years ago when they first came out, but one of my guilds was having a class. The pieces are sewn, now to get them together into a top!

Lastly, I went through my stash and pulled a LOT of LQS fabrics out that just don't sing to me anymore. My tastes have changed to brighter colors. The thought of selling is daunting. Measure, photograph, list, package... I'm on the fence! Your post has made me think more about it, though.
Old 12-15-2022, 05:21 AM

My goal is to use up my stash. I’m thinking I’ll need to make kits and work my way through them. I recently started to unsubscribe to the many online fabric store ads along with the pattern ads. That way I won’t be tempted to get off track and forget about my goal of using up my stash. The quilts I make will all go to charity, my family has more quilts then they need and have asked that I don’t make them anymore. Making the kits is going to be a big challenge for me, I’ve never done that before.
Old 12-15-2022, 05:40 AM

1. Find that pattern I've misplaced: I know it's here somewhere! ( I've looked intermittently for the last couple years)

2. Empty completely at least 1 of 3 scrap bins. These are 40 gallon containers and I've found scraps from quilts I made 40 years ago.

3. Complete UFO's. This is an ongoing battle. I made significant progress this last year and UFO's are currently in the single digit range. Not only do I generate my own UFO's, other people's UFO's are attracted to me so maybe I need to cut myself some slack here.

Wishing all the QB members and friends a joyful Christmas season and healthy happy 2023.
Old 12-15-2022, 06:11 AM

I would love it if i could get my studio under control.
Old 12-15-2022, 06:12 AM

My goal for 2023 is to finish my goals of 2022 and maybe add a few more UFOs finished to the rack. Couldn't get motivated this year for whatever reason. Now I'm busy reorganizing my 2 garages so they're easier to find things as well work in. That's done so I have no reason not to get back to the quilt on my frame that should have been done a couple months ago. I told you I can't get motivated for whatever reason...............
Old 12-15-2022, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I am really impressed with the Three Yard Quilt patterns. After watching all the videos I know the fabric choice is crucial from blah to fantastic. I have been putting together three yard pieces for the patterns. I can buy a yard of wow fabric if needed to go with my stash fabrics. I made one in a week including simple quilting, not rushing so I am planning on two a month. Even one a month will give me enough quilts by next year to give a gifts and to donate.
The 3 yd quilts are quire interesting. Most of my stash is 0.5 yds. Maybe I’ll design some for that.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
I gave up on EQ, it was taking way too much time to try to learn. I decided to I'd rather be sewing.
Thanks for this revelation. I’ve been on the fence and realized I don’t want another project right now.

My goals;
1. Finish 1 UFO/mo
2. Finish 1 quilt/mo that gives me joy
3. Mostly all charity quilts be masculine.
4. Make quilt decorations for new house, including Easter and Thanksgiving/fall.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:54 AM

I guess you all have pretty much hit it on the nail as to 2023 quilting goals. I am using stash and also cutting back on quilting. May try to sell some quilts and stash (maybe) as I am getting older and just don't have the get up and go as much as I used to. I am hosting our Christmas get together potluck again this year. I enjoy it but I seem to get worked up doing things like that. This aging is not the most fun. Keep quilting as long as you can.
Old 12-15-2022, 08:50 AM

My goal for 2023 is to use my scraps first. If I need to get into my yardage to complete a quilt (sashing, borders, etc.), that's okay. Second goal is to cut left-over fabric from the finished quilt into the largest size usable scraps and put in the appropriate bin. I know that sounds like I'll just be multiplying my scraps, but I think doing this will make it easier for me to use the scraps throughout the year. Lastly, anything that is less than 2 1/2" square gets put into a nice little bin that goes to the Goodwill every month. Anything that is definitely not usable gets put into a box for Goodwill labeled "Fabric Scraps for Textile Recycling".

I am committed to these goals.......I have been finding way too many scrap boxes with fabric ready to be sewn, already sewn into half-square triangles and in one case, already sewn, trimmed and pressed! What was I thinking putting that away!!!

Anyway, looking forward to a new year of finding my fabric, using my fabric and in some cases being delighted to find something I didn't remember even having!

Happy sewing everyone!
Old 12-15-2022, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Oh dear, I have so many irons in the fire. Maybe too many. I have to finish a qilt for my niece that I have all the blocks made for and set it. Finish it off and get it mailed. I had three little girl third cousins visit this last summer from Georgia. I want to make a little play quilt for each one and send them off. Thier grandma asked for a new quilt, may be send one for her too? I have plenty of ufo tops I could use.
I have tops done for each of my siblings. I would like to finish them and gift them next christmas.
I think that is really a reasonable goal for the year. Don't you think?