Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What are your Christmas projects?

What things will you be making for Christmas gifts this year?

So far I've decided to make:
    ~Flash card pencil holders for teachers (no sewing involved here).
    ~Quilt for nephew (bought the fabric yesterday, haven't decided on a pattern yet though).
    ~Tablerunner for hubby's aunt (I drew her name for gift exchange) and maybe some matching kitchen towels.
    ~New stockings for my children.

Guess I better get busy!
    Renee

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I already posted the picture of our new son-in-laws Christmas stocking that I made.

Today I finished the nightie for my 3 year old granddaughter and her baby doll.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I made quilts. I have 2 more to put bindings on and make my label for then I'm done with all the quilts!

Oh the nightgown is so cute!

Thank you Renee. I was really pleased. I was talking to my daughter via skype last night & when I held them up my son in law walked through and saw them and said how much she is going to love it. That meant alot to me.l

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    I'm doing two quilts, one for my parents, on for my in-laws.
    The first is a double irish chain, in turquoise, wine, and gold, and the second is a mariner's compass in primary colours and black. lemme see if I can get some pics up for you guys.

[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...L/IMG_1882.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...L/IMG_1884.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...L/IMG_1885.jpg[/IMG]

Melanie, wow very stunning!
    Renee

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    the kids and i are going to make a fleece blanket for Daddy using Univ. Southern California fleece.

I have already made a tote, bookcover (took canvas, painted then made cover over an appointment book and added beads) 2 wall quilts -one picture (took canvas painted then cut into strips and sewed together in different pattern then added "Princess" on the top with a heart within a heart and added a charm heart). I table quilt (still have to quilt) - Made 4 blankets out of blizzard fleece - one black and white & red lap quilt (still working on this) I still have one more tote to make. These gifts are all for the girls I work with. I also have 2 fleece blanets to make for my granddaughter and grandson. I have been working on these since September and hope I can get everything completed by Christmas!

Mary, the nighties are adorable. Did you do all those tiny tucks? Wow!! Nice job!!!!!!!

Melanie, nice job on the Irish Chain quilt and have fun with the Mariners compass. Great Christmas gifts!

Yes I made the pin tucks. It is a special foot and I used a double needle. It really isn't hard just time consuming and fussy.

Thanks for your kind comments.

All of my grandkids have new bedrooms. So I have 7 quilts to make. Yes, 7! 6 girls and 1 boy. They all have their favorite colors. I have half of the fabric bought I just have to get started. I will probably tie these. I won't have time to quilt them. Plus I always make them PJ's and probably a new apron, that they all love.

Beautiful!
    My Christmas sewing is done....everyone is getting a tote!!!

I've got the quilt for my mom done. I helped my son get the quilt for my great-niece done. I have the top done for my dads quilt. Then I'm done. Although, I am doing some embroidery on some canvas totes to put their quilts in. Easier than wrapping!

Banned
    I made quilts..... Hoping to get backs on 2 before then :oops:

Well I.m making my son's Gabe NY Giants quilt and I'm making my granddaughters some matching curtains, beadspread and pillows for their room.

I don't have any plans for a "Christmas gift quilt" this year but I need to get my Son's quilt done for when he finally gets to come home at Christmastime. I started this quilt right after he left here to join the Navy right after Thanksgiving and it got set aside in March and I need to get it out and finish it for him so he can take it back with him.

Wow. The nightgowns are beautiful and the Irish chain is wonderful (my favorite pattern too.) I am making my soon to be son in law a quilt out of bowling fabrics and my dad a memory wall hanging featuring he and my mom. We lost mom about two years ago. I want to help him remember the good times they had together. Hope I get both done by Christmas.

Cute nightgowns. :-)

I am making sleeping bags for the barbie and tent I got for my youngest granddaughter. I am making doll quilts for my oldest granddaughter and niece based on drawings they did. Hopefully I will get lap quilts done my son and daughter. Matching dresses for the granddaughters. They will be easy as they are elastic topped fabric so all I have to do is sew a seam and put on tie straps.

I also need to make an old fashioned apron and maybe a dress for the oldest granddaughter's birthday the end of this month.

Today I pieced a mantle scarf for each of my 2 DD's. I have one finished & just have to back, turn & quilt the 2nd so will finish it tomorrow. I bought fabric for 3 table runners yesterday also & have to quilt my cardinal quilt. Also making clothes for build a bears!! I am having to make patterns for those so it will take me longer to do those. That's all I have planned so far.

Polly