Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: what is your Dream quilt

One that is finished. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by joeyoz
    One that is finished. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Yes! I said mine was "the next one", but it would be a close contest between it and yours!

Blog Entries
    Sheri, I picked up a free flyer from WalMart lsat year in their monthly quilt patterns they had with fabric for the quilt, with those colors. The pattern is called "Path to the Cabin" it is a version of the Log Cabin quilt. I made the top and am currently in the process of getting it ready for quilting, my green is a soft mint green solid for the backing. I won't be able to get anymore of these neat patterns since our local Wal Mart is closing for all purposes, has already closed out our fabric dept. We have to travel now at least 90 - 100 miles to purchase fabric. Any way, I will let you know more about it if you will pm me. Be sure to mention the title in the subject matter or somewhere in the heading, or I might not open the email, I usually don't unless I know what and who it is from. It is a lovely pattern, when I get it finished I will try to post it. I have so many of these ufo's that I need to complete, but then isn't that a quilter's life lol. Gerbie

Blog Entries
    Diane, did Dunster ever post the patter for that quilt? I have tried to watch on a regular basis so I could get that pattern, you are talking about that beautiful pink and white one that was posted earlier in the year aren't you? Gerbie
    Oops! can't spell today.

Blog Entries
    For all of you ladies that love the double wedding ring quilt, I made one for my daughter three years ago for Christmas. She had always wanted one, but I didn't want to cut out all of those small pieces, and she has no interest in sewing, so she was of no help in that area. Then I saw on Alex Anderson's quilting show one day the pattern "Rings That Bind" by Cheryl Phillips. You are using strips then cut them into pieces, sort of a quilt as you go pattern. I ordered the book and acrilic templates come with the book, fairly expensive but well worth it. You always have the book and templates for whenever to use. Here is the address Phillips Fiber Art, P.O. Box 173, Fruita, Co. 81521. I made my daughter's with shades of green for the pieces with a soft mauve for the joining square and background in cream. It really turned out lovely I think, even if I did do it. She was well satisfied. It wasn't really that hard to do. But then if I see something I really want to do I just jump in and try, that's the only way you will know if you can or not, of course I usually have to have a pattern before starting. Gerbie

I WANT TO MAKE A CATHEDERAL WINDOW. I JUST NEED TO GET STARTED.EDDIE PUT UP A GREAT TUTOTRIAL THANKS EDDIE

Love the Cathedral Window. My grandmother made one years ago that was beautiful. Unfortunately she gave it to my cousin's wife who threw it out a few years later. She said, "Well it was starting to show some wear and I never really did care for the colors." I don't think I ever came so close to throttling someone.

i would be there with you. you could tell she never made a quilt. don't know the work time and money in making one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbie
    Diane, did Dunster ever post the patter for that quilt? I have tried to watch on a regular basis so I could get that pattern, you are talking about that beautiful pink and white one that was posted earlier in the year aren't you? Gerbie
    Oops! can't spell today.
    Hi Gerbie,

Dunster has not posted the pattern yet. Based on the various messages on the board, it appears she has people testing a pattern she has written and I think I read that she was trying to have it ready for March, so it should be soon!

I for one hope she doesn't give this away to us. She deserves to be paid for the all the time she has put into writing this pattern. We, (her adoring fans), are lucky that we have her here to share her knowledge and help us if we hit a snag.

If you noticed, she has not replied to many of the messages, but I believe it is probably because she is too busy trying to fill our demands for the pattern.

I looked at her quilt and others that are similar on the web and once she told me the diamond she started with, I just took it from there to make the blocks, but that isn't what will complete the quilt for me, it will be her pattern that will get me to the finish line, and my blocks will be ready! Yeah.

So, Dunster, if you are reading this, I am ready and willing to pay for that pattern! I'm so grateful you are writing it up for us.

Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Beth33
    I would love this double nine patch on my bed! Or even just a wallhanging!

http://www.quilterscache.com/D/Doubl...ock_Page2.html
    this would be a great scrappy quilt and not too hard, thanks for bringing to our attention, Cindy

/where can you get a pattern for Burgogne surrounded?

Blog Entries
    Diane, I am willing to pay for the pattern also. But I just hope I don't miss out on the info when she does get one out. I really do want that pattern. From the looks of that fantastic quilt, she does deserve to be paid for her pattern. Gerbie

Blog Entries
    Hummmmm, dream quilt...I have only been quilting about 5 years and have completed over 150 tops, don't know how many I have quilted. Many UFO's. My dream quilt is my next quilt...It seems just when I get to the middle of the current quilt I start wanting to start the next quilt. My ideas seem to run about 5 or 6 quilts ahead of where I am.

My dream at the moment is to sandwich and quilt all of the tops I have made.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma for Aadyn
    I WANT TO MAKE A CATHEDERAL WINDOW. I JUST NEED TO GET STARTED.EDDIE PUT UP A GREAT TUTOTRIAL THANKS EDDIE
    they are alot of fun to make; on a bed though it's like sleeping under a sheet of steel - no give at all.

I started a cathedral window, 16 blocks later it became a pillow.
    It is a pretty pillow and i am cured.

I'd like a mariner's compass in rich batiks and have it custom quilted by GreenFairy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo
    they are alot of fun to make; on a bed though it's like sleeping under a sheet of steel - no give at all.
    I use my Cathederal Window as a wall hanging. It got very heavy when I was working on it so I knew we wouldn't be able to sleep under it.

Whenever I see a pattern, quilt or even a photo of a barn I fall to pieces. One day I will make that quilt and one day that quilt may well be my own photos free-hand drawn and pieced into scenes of my past.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...ser/dizzydonna

Quote Originally Posted by All Thumbs
    Whenever I see a pattern, quilt or even a photo of a barn I fall to pieces. One day I will make that quilt and one day that quilt may well be my own photos free-hand drawn and pieced into scenes of my past.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...ser/dizzydonna

Awesome pictures! I haven't traveled very much, but Estes Park, Colorado is one place I've been. Gorgeous! That last picture in the set would make a gorgeous landscape quilt. Thank you.

I have two patterns I'd love, a hand made Cathedral Window and a Mariner's Compass. Have a friend who hand made a full sized Cathedral Window which took her 30 years to complete. Now in her late 60's, she has started on a second one for her daughter. I've made a machine stitched Cathedral Window pillow using Eddie's tutorial but only in my dreams will I ever have a bed sized quilt.

Blog Entries
    Double Wedding Ring.and yo yo ssssssssssssssssss

Double Wedding Ring. Someday I'm going to try it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4