Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what is your Dream quilt >

what is your Dream quilt

what is your Dream quilt

Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
Double Wedding Ring and finish Sawtooth Cats, which is partly done in paper piecing. SC is living in a clean pizza box at the moment. Anyone else use clean pizza boxes for their finished quilt blocks to live in?
I hang mine with pant or skirt hangers from a rack.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
Double Wedding Ring and finish Sawtooth Cats, which is partly done in paper piecing. SC is living in a clean pizza box at the moment. Anyone else use clean pizza boxes for their finished quilt blocks to live in?
I hang mine with pant or skirt hangers from a rack.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:30 PM

All of them, lol. I want to try to do them all even tho I know I won't get to them all in my lifetime.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:34 PM
bookwormsub

My Dream Quilt is a King size Broken Star.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by bookwormsub
My Dream Quilt is a King size Broken Star.
I want to do the one that looks like stained glass but it's all in the way you cut the print--the flowered one on black. The flowers are printed so that there's a black diamond shape around them. When you cut them you cut so that the black shows on the top of the diamond. It's a beautiful quilt and was in some magazine a couple of years ago. I have the pattern and the fabric, the only thing I'm lacking is the nerve---I've never pieced diamonds. Hey Eddie---tutorial please.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:50 PM
bookwormsub

I'm working on my 2nd quilt which is the tumbling blocks so diamonds don't seem to be a problem for me. I want to do mine in the "traditional" rainbow pattern.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by bookwormsub
I'm working on my 2nd quilt which is the tumbling blocks so diamonds don't seem to be a problem for me. I want to do mine in the "traditional" rainbow pattern.
I'll get the nerve and conquer it some day.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:43 PM

I would love to develop the skills and make a quilt from a photo of a person or a beautiful scene in nature or something architechural. Those are the quilts that take my breath away and fill me with envy.

I am working on "Dunsters" quilt, the Log Cabin Diamond Star (stunning!). I have several blocks in the works, and am taking my time, which is my challenge to work with diamonds and eventually setting triangles.

My next challenge is to learn how to paper-piece, so I can make quilts with Mariner's compass blocks and some spectacular star point blocks, which I absolutely love.

Bargellos are also on the list. I love the twisted shapes that intertwine.

Diane
Old 03-27-2010, 04:48 PM

I'm loving this thread. I read other people's post and think "Oh yeah, I want to do that one too, and that one, and that one, oh and I forgot I want to do that one." I'll have to live to be 143 to get them all done.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:03 PM

My dream is to finish the Sharon Stone NY Beauty that I started in '04. I finished 1 block and got sidestracked! It's the 1st quilt that I put aside and stopped working on. One of the reasons was that I broke my wrist and HAD to stop. Another is that I was working on it in AZ, and by the time the wrist healed, I was back in CT. Now it seems to be on permanent hold! I can see it hanging on a wall here in Tucson, so I'd better make it my AZ goal next year!