Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: What is your faveorite quilting blogs?????????????

  1. #1
    sunnyhope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    443
    I would love evryone to out atleast 2 blogs on a list here, your own and then atleast one of your fave blogs.

    I will add them to my blog eventually and if anyone are so nice and link to my blog let me know so i can link to yours :mrgreen:

  2. #2
    Junior Member greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Saint George, Utah
    Posts
    154
    My favorite blog for some reason is my own, which is -

    http://greenfairyquilts.blogspot.com/

    Another of my favorites I visit often is -

    http://camilleroskelley.typepad.com/simplify/

    Thanks!

    Judi

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    218
    I really love looking at blogs. I am glad you started this topic.

  4. #4
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    OK, I'm not even sure I know what a blog is. Explain please.

  5. #5
    Super Member Quilting Aggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    I enjoy posting to my own blog

    www.comfortcovedesigns.blogspot.com

    And another favourite one is from a gal I met through blogging and I really enjoy reading her blog

    http://quiltergoingbananas.blogspot.com/

    Cheers!!!

  6. #6
    Super Member OHSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,415
    The first place I go to when I am on the computer is Bonnie Hunter's
    http://quiltville.com/
    , you can link her blog from that.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15
    This site has a bunch of blogs. Enough to keep me busy for hours.

    http://quilterblogs.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member liwilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    318
    I've heard a blog described as an online diary.

  9. #9
    Super Member Quilting Aggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    2,609
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSue
    The first place I go to when I am on the computer is Bonnie Hunter's
    http://quiltville.com/
    , you can link her blog from that.
    oooooooh awesome blog!

  10. #10
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    I have one I signed up for eons ago, but it was so un-user friendly, that I abandoned it. Can anyone recommend and easy to use one, that is also easy to post photos, like this board is? I would really be interested in that.

  11. #11
    Lisa T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan
    Posts
    918
    sunnyhope- I added you to the blogs I follow. Cute blog! I wish I had started one when I first started quilting so I had a complete record of everything I have made.

    littlehud- A blog is sort of an online diary like liwilliams said. That is how I use mine. It is a public "page" of your own that you can use however you like to post pictures and/or essay-like or note-like posts. Some people use it to get their name out there for their business, some use it to update their families, some use it to connect with other people.

    I use mine almost solely for quilting, but some pics of my cats and kids work their way in. I started one to join a challenge and then liked it so I kept it up. I have connected a lot of awesome quilters with my blog. Some people like a lot of traffic through their blog. I don't really care how many people SEE my blog, but I like when the ones who stop there leave a comment. I try to always respond to comments with an email. This is a great way to make friends.

    Lacelady- I do my blog through blogger. I find it fairly user-friendly. Here and there you will have a day when you can't rearrange pictures, but I haven't had that problem in a while. If you just want to put pics online, you can put them on Flickr. I have a Flickr account and you can join quilt groups on there.

    Flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/gitdownkitty/

    (This is my page, but you should be able to find a button on there to start your own.)

    Blogger- http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.p...98&topic=12470

    Here is my blog and a couple of my favorites:
    Mine- http://gitdownkitty.blogspot.com/

    I have 66 that I follow so I don't have room to list all of them- LOL!
    http://campfollowerbags.blogspot.com/
    http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/
    http://redpepperhttp://tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com/quilts.blogspot.com/
    http://thequiltedfish.blogspot.com/
    http://twinfibers.blogspot.com/
    http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/
    http://dontlooknow.typepad.com/dont_look_now/
    http://browndirtcottage.blogspot.com/

    I have lots of others that I like, just tried to pick the ones who mostly have lots of quilt pictures.

  12. #12
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Thank you Lisa T for the info - I was stunned that you follow 66 Blogs - do you have time to eat or sleep? Not to mention make quilts.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11
    Here is our blog. There are three of us blogging on this site. They are AnnieB, Fabric Girl and The Fellow Quilter

    http://www.highplainsquilting.com/hi...lting_blog.php


  14. #14
    sunnyhope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa T
    sunnyhope- I added you to the blogs I follow. Cute blog! I wish I had started one when I first started quilting so I had a complete record of everything I have made.

    littlehud- A blog is sort of an online diary like liwilliams said. That is how I use mine. It is a public "page" of your own that you can use however you like to post pictures and/or essay-like or note-like posts. Some people use it to get their name out there for their business, some use it to update their families, some use it to connect with other people.

    I use mine almost solely for quilting, but some pics of my cats and kids work their way in. I started one to join a challenge and then liked it so I kept it up. I have connected a lot of awesome quilters with my blog. Some people like a lot of traffic through their blog. I don't really care how many people SEE my blog, but I like when the ones who stop there leave a comment. I try to always respond to comments with an email. This is a great way to make friends.

    Lacelady- I do my blog through blogger. I find it fairly user-friendly. Here and there you will have a day when you can't rearrange pictures, but I haven't had that problem in a while. If you just want to put pics online, you can put them on Flickr. I have a Flickr account and you can join quilt groups on there.

    Flickr- http://www.flickr.com/photos/gitdownkitty/

    (This is my page, but you should be able to find a button on there to start your own.)

    Blogger- http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.p...98&topic=12470

    Here is my blog and a couple of my favorites:
    Mine- http://gitdownkitty.blogspot.com/

    I have 66 that I follow so I don't have room to list all of them- LOL!
    http://campfollowerbags.blogspot.com/
    http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/
    http://redpepperhttp://tallgrassprairiestudio.blogspot.com/quilts.blogspot.com/
    http://thequiltedfish.blogspot.com/
    http://twinfibers.blogspot.com/
    http://cvquiltworks.blogspot.com/
    http://dontlooknow.typepad.com/dont_look_now/
    http://browndirtcottage.blogspot.com/

    I have lots of others that I like, just tried to pick the ones who mostly have lots of quilt pictures.

    Thank you so much for following my blog; it really means a lot to me that someone actually are interested in what i am doing so a big thanks and a cuddle to you :wink:

  15. #15
    sunnyhope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    443
    I also added ur blog to follow Lisa as u were so sweet and did it with mine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    I am really greatful for that and the comments i have received lately as no one came on my blog even if i asked and i dont know its just i have this need of other ppl than my mum and my bestfriend to tell me i m doing ok.
    They always love anything i do and while thats great i also want to get better which i dont when they never say well you can perhaps change this and it will look even better.
    Do you have this problem with your close ones???

  16. #16
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    15,265
    Blog Entries
    1
    Every once in a while I go to the quilting gallery to see what's going on in the world of quilting. I usually pick a country or a state, and hunt and peck just for the fun of it.

    http://quiltinggallery.com/quilting-bloggers/

  17. #17
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    Sunnyhope here is my blog and there is a list of blogs that I follow on it, under profile!

    I have been to yours a couple of times and left a message! I will follow yours also!



    http://csquares.blogspot.com


    I loved your quilt and the baby was just precious! :D


    Ninnie

  18. #18
    sunnyhope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Sunnyhope here is my blog and there is a list of blogs that I follow on it, under profile!

    I have been to yours a couple of times and left a message! I will follow yours also!



    http://csquares.blogspot.com


    I loved your quilt and the baby was just precious! :D


    Ninnie

    I really loved your blog too and ofcourse i will return the favour and follow you too :mrgreen:

  19. #19
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    When I want to read about a new quilting too, new fabric lines, find a quilt pattern or see pics about a new technique I always search the blogs first. Google has a search just for blogs.

  20. #20
    Lisa T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Thank you Lisa T for the info - I was stunned that you follow 66 Blogs - do you have time to eat or sleep? Not to mention make quilts.
    LOL! I am a really fast reader. Plus, I am only working very part time right now and am stuck in the house with 2 little kids. Although, now we are spending more time outside, since it finally turned "summer" up here in the U.P.

    Even with all those blogs on my list there are only about 10 new posts a day, so it's really not that much to read. I do notice that if I have no computer or internet for a couple days I get a LOT more done as far as quilting (and maaaaybe some cleaning... if I'm REALLY bored).

  21. #21
    Lisa T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyhope
    I also added ur blog to follow Lisa as u were so sweet and did it with mine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    I am really greatful for that and the comments i have received lately as no one came on my blog even if i asked and i dont know its just i have this need of other ppl than my mum and my bestfriend to tell me i m doing ok.
    They always love anything i do and while thats great i also want to get better which i dont when they never say well you can perhaps change this and it will look even better.
    Do you have this problem with your close ones???

    Actually, I am the "quilt police" at our house. LOL! My whole family quilts-my mom, sister, aunts, cousins, now my new SIL- and I was recently surprised to hear them refer to me as the "quilt police". My mom said that I always check her quilting for mistakes. I DO NOT!! (She never makes any. I am always admiring it because it's amazing.) But they tease me for being a perfectionist.

    I am my own worst critic, but I always am so impressed with what other people do. We notice our own mistakes much more than other people notice them!

  22. #22
    Lisa T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Menominee, Michigan
    Posts
    918
    Oh! And you don't have to add me just to return the favor. I totally understand if my stuff is not to everyone's liking- I like kinda "wild" quilts. :-)

  23. #23
    sunnyhope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa T
    Oh! And you don't have to add me just to return the favor. I totally understand if my stuff is not to everyone's liking- I like kinda "wild" quilts. :-)
    I wouldnt have added you if i dint like it silly :mrgreen: i loved ur stuff and i will learn so much by looking

  24. #24
    Senior Member Shelley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wilbur, WA
    Posts
    762

  25. #25
    Countrygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    103
    I love to blog. I hope you all will visit. My blog is http:onnieshands.typepad.com.

    I have a offer for free fabric going on right now. I will love looking at all my fellow quilter's blogs.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.