Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite quilting tool? >

What is your favorite quilting tool?

What is your favorite quilting tool?

Old 11-14-2013, 05:32 AM

I am currently enthralled by my design wall - it is a relatively new purchase and I am revelling in having so much vertical design space that I can roll up and put away when I don't need it anymore. When the gloss has worn off that new purchase, I would guess my long term favorite tools are my rotary cutter and 6"x24" ruler.

Alison
Old 11-14-2013, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by cdmmiracles View Post
my june tailor shape cut plus ruler......hands down!!!
I have to agree.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:35 AM

My hemostats ... all 3 sizes! I use my teeny one to hold my needle in place when inserting a new one in my sewing machine so I don't drop it. I poke out corners when I turn new pillowcases. When hand sewing, piecing or hand quilting I use them to pull my needle through all the thicknesses. I use my really long ones to reach things that have fallen to the floor. Once you start using them you'll find dozen' s of other uses.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:39 AM

Besides the basics my favorite tool is the Quilt In A Day triangle square up ruler. It takes all the work out of squaring up HSTs.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

This just kind of nails it!
Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
"My soul is fed by needle and thread" If it is hand sewing or machine sewing, those are a couple of essentials for me. All the other tools are a bonus.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 AM

My favourite ? Has to be my husband, he never minds what I buy so that I can be creative,bless.Letty
Old 11-14-2013, 07:03 AM

I bought some 4 inch Élan scissors last year at a quilt show. They're my new best thing. They stay right by my sewing machine. They're perfect for trimming threads, trimming fabric, cutting appliqué pieces.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:27 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

My Disappearing Design Wall by far!! I have it hung over my closet and it's rolled up right now so I can get into my closet. But I have all the blocks for Craftsy's 2013 BOM on it. I just have to tug on the bottom of it and it rolls down and all my blocks are ready for me. I have high praise for the gal who invented this. It rolls up into a beautiful wooden box that I have my Boyd's Bears sitting on top. It is such nice quality. I have no room for a regular design wall. I could kiss the woman who invented this.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 AM

I'm in love with my stitch ripper, rotary cutters and my needle threader.....I use them all every single day....
Old 11-14-2013, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kaylabean13 View Post
I wanted to know what all of you have in your quilting arsenal that you could never live without weather it be a rotary cutter, design wall certain thread, or Needles? For me my go to tool would have to be my custom ironing board! I would not be a good quilter with out neatly pressed seams lol! Excited to hear everyone's faves!! Ok maybe I have to I love my queen supreme slider for fmq! Ok I am done now lol!!
My favorite at the moment is my Leaves Galore template by Sue Pellan Designs! It's a fun little tool that lets you make petals and leaves for applique flowers. The template itself and a video of how it works can be found at http://suepellanddesigns.com/ . I'm a bit clumsy with it, but I'm telling myself that I'll get better with practice. LOL! I'd say at any given time my favorite tool is whichever is the newest one I have. I LOVE getting new toys and learning new skills! :c)

Donna