Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite quilting tool >

What is your favorite quilting tool

What is your favorite quilting tool

Old 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah Rae
If you are looking for 18 inch rulers check out officemax, officedepot and Michaels. The prices are reasonable and good accurate rulers. I buy metal rulers as I always end up cutting into the plastic or wooden ones with my rodery cutter....heheheh I am very hard on rulers!
I was talking about the 18 inch square rulers with slots every 1/2 inch. Great for cutting strips accurately without having to move the fabric
Old 05-20-2010, 07:08 PM

I love the "Sixth Finger", tool I bought at the Clotilde.com website. I use it to keep from sewing through my fingers. Right now it is on sale for less than 10 dollars. I also love my supreme slider mat for free motion work.It makes moving the quilt top so much easier.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:26 AM

the Hera tool is a bone or ceramic piece with an edge that you mark fabric with it makes a line that you can use to quilt with and no actual marks to have to remove.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by schwanton
I don't know if you would call it a tool, but I splurged on a custom lucite extension table for my Bernina - I'm in heaven when I use it. I have the area underneath for my things (scissors, pins, etc.) But then there is also the adjustable height table for my Bernina, and my drawer unit under the table, and ........
OK!! I am drooling....pics please, at least I can enjoy dreaming of such great equipment. "One day" is coming, just not as quickly as I would like it to. :?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 AM

question:
I have the june taylor ruler that's 8"x10". Is the 12"x16" ruler made of the same thin plastic? It seems awfully flimsy and way too flexible when I use it--I just tried because so many of you like it. Is the larger one stiffer or the same?
Thanks!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:47 PM

my friend and i both had June Tailor's 12 inch ruler. her's is an older one and i noticed that her ruler is not as flexible as mine. her ruler feels like it is made with more plastice while mine has more, i don't know? epoxy perhaps. my friend has broken hers and i bought her a new one to replace it. she had said she really like the new one with its more flexible material.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by sabrinaquilts
my friend and i both had June Tailor's 12 inch ruler. her's is an older one and i noticed that her ruler is not as flexible as mine. her ruler feels like it is made with more plastice while mine has more, i don't know? epoxy perhaps. my friend has broken hers and i bought her a new one to replace it. she had said she really like the new one with its more flexible material.
I'm not sure if I have a new or an old one, but mine is very thin and it feels as if the rotary cutter could cut right through it. Does anyone know if the larger one is stiffer? Has anyone cut through their ruler?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Google Goddess

my cutting mat, what would we do without a cutting mat!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:12 PM

So far, my old Kenmore Awl and 505 Spray.