Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What was your first gift of the season?

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas!! What a nice way to start the day with your sister!!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

I got a bottle of Best Press and 2 bottles of reilll Best Press from my non quilting daughter. She remembered me telling them about making my own best press using Vodka because I thought the real thing was a little pricey. I just love it when family listens to what you are saying.

My first Christmas gift was from an old friend - 35 pairs of scissors. They didn't think I had enough (they only gave me 25 last year). They range in size from 2"-8" and every brand known to man. My favorites are the Dovo and Gingher. They think it's a joke - but I love scissors. Now I just have to figure out where to put them all. (They've already told me they'll have to come up with something different next year because they're having trouble keeping track of what they've bought!)

Today is Christmas at my house with son and daughter and son in law. Will see what comes!

(I told them I am giving up the most tremendous sale day at my LQS - 25% off whole order - just for them!)

My first gift is breathing. I am so grateful to be here in the good ole US of A, with all our warts and all. No bombs going off in my neighborhood, no fears of a suicide bomber nearby. Just DH and I enjoying our 4 furry pets and the quiet and peace that is in our home. Love and kindness are my best gifts.

I don't exchange presents at Christmas, but because my eating has been totally out of control this month, I started a Daniel Fast on Christmas Eve. I lost a pound on Christmas morning! What a great gift! Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels!

Blog Entries
    I got the Quiltopoly game! I also have a new belt for my Wards Sewing Mcahine, new spool spring for my Singer, and the abrasion cording to take burrs off the needles holes.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

A Kindle from my kiddies!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    My first gift was from my dog; she brought me a JBRobinson bag (jewelry) and it had an opal necklace in it. My next was in another bag she brought me: it was a pair of diamond earrings in a bag from Zales, then DH gave me a gun, some slippers, perfume. It was so cute with her having the bags in her mouth and bringing them over without dropping them. DH said he worked with her and patience won out !! Brie just wagged her tail while bringing me the gifts, and she was well rewarded with hugs and kisses! Ahh what a blessed Christmas it was with family and friends around to celebrate all the best things in life:love, happiness, family and friends !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MissSandra View Post
    what a bunch of lucky ladies bunnie got me nothing and did not bother to wish me a merry christmas oh well

Buy your own presents. I had a lot under the tree from me to me! LOL. DH is always surprised to see what he bought me.
    Got fabric?

My first gift was a small resin statue of a Mercat from my husband I always knew he cared. He gave himself some new electrical gismo.
    Its the thought that counts ????

Best Wishes to all for 2012

Blog Entries
    My son and DIL carried in a 1918 Singer Redeye on Christmas Eve. That's a tough act to follow, but his four sisters did just fine. My dogs bought me a massage gift certicate - I think my oldest DD may have helped. I may not have a DH anymore, but I do have wonderful children.

Blog Entries
    My first gift of the season was learning that my son got engaged! Doesn't get much better than that ~ except for grandbabies, but all in due time.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I received a subscription to Love of Quilting. I was excited because I received my last mag from my subscription and I hadn't renewed, also received a visa money card. I like the idea of putting it toward a retreat and was suggested by someone else. Sometimes the retreats get pretty expensive so having a little saved on the card will help out.
    Lorraine

Originally Posted by Edie
    Good Morning and Merry Christmas! What a great surprise I got from my sister! Fifteen fat quarters. My sister has a unique talent for picking out the best, most interesting and fun fat quarters. What a way to start off the new year also!!!!!!!! I have a week to look at, feel, decide what I will do with these fat quarters. And the day hasn't even started yet. I am heading to Caribou's to meet her for coffee. She is putting some Bailey's Irish Cream in her pocket and we are going to talk, reminisce and just enjoy ourselves before the day starts. Hope your day is as wonderful as mine is going to be! Edie

Glad you two are enjoying your time together. I really miss my Dear Sister who passed away 3 yrs. ago. She, our niece who is more like a sister, and I sewed and quilted together every Wed. My niece moved out of state, from TX to WV now in RI, so I haven't found new quilting buddies as I moved to Galveston, TX. I really miss my DS and my DN!
    Kathy Phillips

Lucky you. I always wanted a sister to do things like that.

Blog Entries
    You brought back many fine memories of Minnesota-hope you and your sister had a good time-we now live in Tennessee were the memories are many but no snow yet-haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2