Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your goals?...Spinoff from ADDICTING... >

What are your goals?...Spinoff from ADDICTING...

What are your goals?...Spinoff from ADDICTING...

Old 12-20-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JulieM
Well, first I need to start making quilts from fabric I purchased just because I loved it. I have bought probably 5 different lines of fabric with no idea as to what to do with it, I have enough of a couple for a king size bed.

I want to learn to do triangles and be really good at it. I have been afraid to start on the new fabric with triangles for fear of messing it up. Sounds silly I know.

Also, buy no more fabric except backing for the above mentioned. I also want to improve on my FMQ.

JulieM
If you have a fear of triangles, try making a small table runner first instead of tackling a large quilt. This way you encounter any problems and learn to overcome them without feeling too guilty if you end up setting it aside for awhile. Hope this helps.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:44 AM

Tiffany, I appreciate your response. I have lots of scraps that I can practice on too. I might just try the table runner. I also bought the thangles and wonder if they make triangles easier?

JulieM
Old 12-21-2009, 04:57 AM

Hello dear people.... you have made me feel soooo good by letting me know that I am not the only one with UFOs.... Great to read all about your goals. Mine is to actually go to a sewing safari in February. I am soooo looking forward to it. All I have to bring is myself and change of clothes.. It is 5 days and meals are included. Cannot wait... My other goal is to buy a Bernina Artista or Aurora with embroidery programme. Of course finishing my Baltimore and my tessalation double quilt. But that is nothing compared with all the other small UFO I have... ha ha ha ciao
Old 12-21-2009, 06:01 AM

My goal is to finish some of the ones I have started and put away. I would also like to use some of the fabric I bought this year.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 PM

-To finish organizing my sewing room
-Finish quilting my Turning Twenty quilt
-Start and finish several kits I have among my quilting projects
-The list can get much longer, but I think I'll start with the
above three :lol:
Old 12-22-2009, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Pam B
My main goal is to get off the computer and actually do some quilting! LOL In cleaning/reorganizing my sewing room, I found kits I had put together that I had forgotten I even had! So, I kind of put things in order that I want to work on and plan to tackle then asap. Unfortunately, several are Xmas-y things that I had intended to actually get done this month....now they will have to be for next year. Right now with 2 in college, money is a little tight so I am telling myself no new projects till some of these are out of the way. But, gosh...that is so hard to do!
LOLOLOL.. is it an Indiana thing or what?? I live in east central Ind. and my life sounds very similar to yours. I have 2 in college too.. have started many projects, am finding them to work on them (thanks to the motivation of this board) but spend wayyy too much time on the pc looking and oohing and awing at all that everyone else does.... WE WILL GET THERE, PAM!!! just got to come out of this "indiana thing" LOL.. good luck. I did do a quilt (have the top done) that I wanted to give ds for Chrismas gift. Just started it last week-total of about 10 hrs in it so I've done well. He is getting it whether finished or not, but I will continue to work on it! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Fannie in Farmland