Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your Label ? >

What is your Label ?

What is your Label ?

Old 04-17-2013, 11:18 AM

I hand write mine and stitch it on. I don't have an embroidery unit on my machine and if I had to hand embroider, I'd end up with even more UFOs than I already have.

Cheers, K
Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM

I do my labels on Word or Publisher and give the "vitals" on the quilt plus, if it's a gift, something that will be significant to the person receiving it. The one I liked best, over the years, was made in three parts--three different teacups, each with a picture of me or a friend.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

Pigma pen and fabric pens on muslin is what I usually do.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:47 PM

I have my labels done at a monograming store. They print whatever I want. Usually less than $10.00 but I feel it is worth it after I've spent the time and money on a quilt.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:09 PM

I just finished a label for DGS graduation quilt. I designed it on my "card" program . I framed it with one of the frames and wrote.
"Where ever you go, what ever you do, take this quilt along with you. Wrap it around you, and when you do, remember God loves you and we do too". Signed and dated.
The quilt is red and white, so I used a red/white frame around it.
Printed it on my computer. Easy to do .
Old 04-17-2013, 05:20 PM

I handwrite it with pigma pens ususally on a piece of fabric that I used on the top, then sew small borders to that. Sometimes I use the PC and print something on treated fabric. For a wedding quilt last year, I did my usual with a piece from the front and then also scanned the wedding invitation and printed that out and put on borders. So that one had two labels, but I couldn't bring myself to write on their invitation. I wanted it to remain as it was.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:01 PM

When my embroidery machine was working, I used to make labels on them. Then it broke down, so I started using the fabric sheets for photo transfers and I make up my own labels with different fonts, colors and so on on Word. Then I print them out on the fabric sheets. Depending on how much information I put on the label, I can make two or three labels per sheet.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 PM

I haven't started labeling my quilts yet....not sure why but I feel a little funny doing it when I'm just making them for family gifts. I'm working on one that I'm planning to enter into the fair and I plan on labeling that one though; I have an embroidery machine I've barely used (too busy quilting!) & just got EQ Stitch so I have NO excuses not to have a nicely embroidered label on there.