Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your most useful quilt size, and why, especially if >

What is your most useful quilt size, and why, especially if

What is your most useful quilt size, and why, especially if

Old 11-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

I've made all sizes, but my most go to is lap quilt size. I try to make them fit most heights. I'm also starting to make more wall quilts. Even going to try mini quilts with my favorite leftover fabrics.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:38 PM

I also like the throw size. If we sit outdoors I grab one in the early am. Just enough to cut the colder morning here. We also like the throws if we take a nap.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:12 PM

I just started piecing a couple of years ago. At first I thought I had to make only large quilts because I couldn't imagine who would want a small one, so I made about five large queen/king quilts. A lot of work. Then I got a kit and after making that (55 x 75 inch-ish) I realized that it wasn't really necessary to make them so huge. Now I'm making all sizes and smaller can be liberating. They all have their place including wall size. I love quilting. Just thought I'd throw that in!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

I mostly make large lap size quilts~ 60 x 85 or so. Or queen. I love making minis too! Doll quilts for the DGD!
Old 11-20-2017, 09:43 PM

I make lap sized quilts. The people I know don't need bed-quilts for their decor. And I donate a lot of quilts to my project Linus chapter. I include my name with the quilt and I ALWAYS get a thank you card from the organization. I also have another organization that gives quilts to Cancer patients that I support and always get a thank you in some way.

I realize though that I make a lot of lap sized quilts. I haven't counted how many I've finished this year, but I'm guessing it's 25-30. All of them are not masterpieces, but they are fun and creative and it makes me happy to sew them. I can try a pattern from 'my stash' or 'my scrap bin' and know that it doesn't have to be 'perfect' or even 'complicated', but it will make someone smile.

If I spent several years making one quilt into a masterpiece, I'm sure I would not just give it away lightly!

Last edited by kristijoy; 11-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.