Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What is your opinion of Baby Lock Design Pro

community benefactor
    Unfortunately my sewing machine died on me this weekend with a broken gear. It is a toss up as to whether or not to repair it. I am on a very limited budget so am trying to get a basic machine without a lot of the decorator stitches or other bells and whistles. I found a shop that has a Baby Lock Design Pro on sale as this model is to be discontinued. It is similar to the Maria in the Baby Lock A-line series. Does anyone have one of these that you can tell me about.

Or do you have another (budget-priced) machine you would recommend? Thanks for your help!

Susan

I have Babylock Decorators Choice, and the Elagante and I would definately consider any Babylock--it is well built, and cuts the thread after it sews!! you should try it out!

community benefactor
    Thanks for letting me know your experience. You can't always tell my just trying in the stores.

i have the babylock audrey. and as im typing this im realizing tjat its not the same as the maria. but i do like the machine i purchased mine As a travel machine.

I bought the Baby Lock Quilters Choice in July and I love it. It was in the mid price range. It has great features for anyone loving to quilt.

community benefactor
    Thanks for your info!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have the Espire (higher end, I suppose) and love it. The Babylock warranty is great.