Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your sewing goals for today? >

What are your sewing goals for today?

What are your sewing goals for today?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:23 AM

I have to "unsew a row of machine quilting that didn't satisfy me. No fun but I want it right.I do professional longarming.Funny how it can take 10-15 min. to stitch originally but will take several hours to unsew.
But this weekend I will make up for that by going to Hummingbird Hills Retreat in Ky. www.hummingbirdhillsretreat.com
Old 10-20-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ritaquilts
I have to "unsew a row of machine quilting that didn't satisfy me. No fun but I want it right.I do professional longarming.Funny how it can take 10-15 min. to stitch originally but will take several hours to unsew.
But this weekend I will make up for that by going to Hummingbird Hills Retreat in Ky. www.hummingbirdhillsretreat.com
Yeah, I have to do the exact same thing. I was trying to do a Greek stitch, and it did not work out as well, as I was not feeding it through to accommodate the weight of the quilt. :cry: So, it looks a bit messed up at times in the Grecian stitching. This part is going to hurt my schedule. Good luck with yours though. :thumbup:
Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by ssgramma
No sewing here today. We have to finish cleaning up from a garage sale. 90% of leftovers were packed up and moved to the shop building yesterday but we were soooo tired that we quit. Really just a few things to pack or put away and then folding up the tables and getting my cutting table back in the sewing room.

Wasn't a very busy Fri/Sat but we managed to make about $350 on stuff we didn't want or didn't have room for so that's good! The neighbors who helped made a fair amount too.

So maybe I need more fabric???????????
Maybe it's my bad vision, but it looks like there's something strange on your cat's head/face, in your avatar. What is it? I'm so curious.

:-)
Old 10-21-2010, 07:31 AM

You all sound so ambitious. I am babysitting for 2 grandchildren today. Hope to get the bias binding I cut and sewed end to end yesterday pressed and ready to put around potholders I have been working on. Baby steps I figure are best. Have a nice day.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:32 AM

I am quilting sofa size quilts (42x72) for three teenagers from problem homes. I found nine "words to live by" (about 5 by 8 inches). The words are black on off-white linen. Example: love, achieve, accomplish, enjoy etc. They are all Christians so the words are placed in the form of a Cross in the middle with bold bright colors. Before I began I cut one word out, measured and washed to be sure they would not shrink or the black letters would not run when the quilt is washed. Tonight the third one in being quilted with shades of pink and mauve around the words for a thirteen year girl. God bless. Quilting Joan
Old 10-26-2010, 01:07 AM

I am going to finish the baby quilt I am on first then the wal quilt for my daughters Anniversary. Then finish copying out ALL the songs for my husband so he can have them in a book.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:07 AM

I am going to finish the baby quilt I am on first then the wall quilt for my daughters Anniversary. Then finish copying out ALL the songs for my husband so he can have them in a book.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:52 AM

You sound busy for sure.After water aerobics today,I'm going to Joanns for a 1/2yd of fleece.Gonna make myself a scarf to keep the winter winds away from my neck/head.The older I get,the more I hate cold winds blowing around my head.Have 3 table runners almost ready to back....think I'll just turn them out & sew along edges.My DDs & Grdau will never notice :-)
Old 10-26-2010, 07:14 AM

Sewing Goals for October 26, 2010:

1. Finish a Circular quilt top I've been working on since like August
- Piece and sew borders on
- Sew on the last major border for the quilt top
- Sandwich and start drawing design onto the top
2. Study Calculus- Continuity
3. Continue my quilting, if the storm front Louisville's expected to be hit with doesn't delay me.
4. Assemble new sewing table (no, I didn't get this done last time :x) )

Well, I dunno, this sounds a bit on the overly-ambitious side, but striving for it. Hope everyone gets their tasks for the day done!! :)