Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: what's the name of this block please?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    its the picture for the block swap.(2nd pic on top) that looks pretty easy for me to even do.
    it sure is pretty. any ideas anyone
    http://www.tranquilityquilts.com/cgi...tore/store.cgi

  2. #2
    Super Member kwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East USA
    Posts
    5,048
    It is called


    June Block - Grecian Square 12" finished

    Look at this:
    http://www.quilterscache.com/G/GreekCrossBlock.html

  3. #3
    community benefactor Knot Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,723
    If you keep clicking and reading you will come to instructions fot your block right on the sight you posted..its very pretty...good choice :D

  4. #4
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,661
    Blog Entries
    2
    I want to do the Ladies of the Sea quilt (right next your block pic) so much! It will be a big commitment but that quilt is so stunning. My DH would love it. By chance anyone doing/done it?

  5. #5
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for posting this question and leading us to some nice blocks, Bev :D :D :D

  6. #6
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    That is a pretty block Bev. Looks like you have a new quilt in the planning stages. Isn't it fun.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhite
    It is called


    June Block - Grecian Square 12" finished

    Look at this:
    http://www.quilterscache.com/G/GreekCrossBlock.html
    thanks hun. i thought it was so pretty :D

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehud
    That is a pretty block Bev. Looks like you have a new quilt in the planning stages. Isn't it fun.
    Yup, it sure is :D

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Thanks for posting this question and leading us to some nice blocks, Bev :D :D :D
    Your welcome Sunshine. I just came across that one and it hit me saying...... Hey lady DO ME :lol:

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I want to do the Ladies of the Sea quilt (right next your block pic) so much! It will be a big commitment but that quilt is so stunning. My DH would love it. By chance anyone doing/done it?
    :oops: I had to go back & look at that one. My eye was stuck on the one I liked. Yesssssss its gorgeous. GO FOR IT

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    If you keep clicking and reading you will come to instructions fot your block right on the sight you posted..its very pretty...good choice :D
    :oops:

  12. #12
    buddysmimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    51
    It said on the page that the website went to that it was a Grecian square.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Quote Originally Posted by buddysmimi
    It said on the page that the website went to that it was a Grecian square.
    I did find it. THANK YOU

  14. #14
    buddysmimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    51
    No problem. Was curious myself. I've been putting borders on a top, and piecing l/2 square triangles into 3" squares. Takes 4 of them to make a 3" block. I've been saving all the triangles I trim off from sewing bindings together. They make nice colorful half square triangle blocks. A little smaller than what I usually work with, but I do so hate to throw anything away.

  15. #15
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,895
    Pretty block! :lol:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.