Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Next for 2010?? >

What's Next for 2010??

What's Next for 2010??

Old 02-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Well maybe if they are written down I have some accountability to say this is what I want to accomplish.

1. Finish applique quilt I challenged my Mom and sister to do for the San Diego quilt show.

2. Finish my first quilt

3. Keep up with BOM that I purchased each month

4. Make a quilt for my best friend

5. Get my sewing room finished and quilt frame set up.

There are many more that I am sure that will come up and that I have purchased fabric for:

OBW quilt, Blue and yellow quilt, finish two half square triangle quilt tops, finish at least one UFO. Is that enough?
Old 02-14-2010, 05:42 PM

I'm been trying yo finish UFO's
1. I had won 26 blocks back in1999 at a retreat I had attended I have them all in a top just need to quilt it.
2. I had a another set of blocks made back in 1998 I have made them into a top now I need to quilt it.
3. I found some blocks as a matter 42 of them I have them all squared up so need to set them into a top thats my project for this week. I should be able to make 2 quilts from them
4. I have 4 small wallhangings that need to be layered and quilted
5. then it will be back to my ufo tubs to see what else I can find.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:49 PM

I like being ahead of schedule on my sampler. It sure makes me feel less guilty about wanting to do a Soduku and some other smaller projects this year. I definitely want to experiment in some tablerunners this year, and a casserole cover or two.

To the quilter that is looking for patterns for kids' quilts. My boys all love their Disappearing 9 Patches. You can get some very masculine looking ones for your 13yo. Also, sodukus seem kinda popular in this town, they are cute and work together quickly, you just have to make sure you label your blocks well. I think they can be done in any size. The one I'm making will be patriotic for the little girl on my block born July 5th.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:05 PM

Wow I wonder how much I can get done in a year.

1. I started a sampler quilt to learn different piecing techniques in November of 2009. I would like to have that finished this year. So far I've made 8 of the 15 blocks needed to complete it.

2. Then I want to do a Covered Sewing Box like the one that is described on this board. They look great.

3. I want to do the three geisha panels as window quilts for my craft room.

4. I want to do a coordinated sets of placemats, tablerunner, napkins and a tea cozy for the dinningroom.

5. 3 Ouch pouches for the local cancer center. This is done.

6. 2 Teddybears for the police department to give to children that they need to take care of. I've got one done but I'm not pleased with it. It has puckers.

7. Two Sun Bonnet Sue Blocks for a quilt to be raffled off for the library. That is where our quilting club meets.

Since it is already halfway through Febuary I may have to be happy just getting the first listed project done.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM

Hi All,

I'm going to try to make a list of my projects - I would LOVE to get them all finished in 2010 but we'll see!

Rag Quilts:
-Pink/Brown
-Black/Blue
-Snowflake
-Jungle

T-Shirt Quilts:
-Turtle (WIP)
-Dave Matthews Band
-Other favorites
-Jake's Graduation (Cousin, graduates in 2011)

Regular Quilts
-Megan's Graduation (Student, graduates in 2011)
-Heath's Graduation (Student, graduates in 2011)
-Pink/Black (Maybe 9/4 patch thing?)
-Blue/Gold Quilt
-FlipFlop Quilt (planning on hand quilting - echo style)
-Blue Wedding Quilt (WIP!)
-Green Wedding Quilt
-Baby Quilt for new niece/nephew (due in july)
-Turtle Scrap Quilt
-Secret Pal Quilt
-Red/Black/White Quilt
-Valentine Quilt
-Possible OCSA raffle quilt
-Downy Quilts for Kids

And of course purses/bags out of all my scraps!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:36 PM

I don't make to do lists. I have ideas and projects to work and think on. Life has a way of derailing the project train, so I enjoy the ride and quilt between the changing scenery.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
I don't make to do lists. I have ideas and projects to work and think on. Life has a way of derailing the project train, so I enjoy the ride and quilt between the changing scenery.
boy, Hawk, you sure are right about life derailing the best laid plans of mice, women and men!
I haven't gotten a whole lot done so far this year and it is already the middle of March.
I am sooo slow! and I have so much other "life" going on.
I was hoping to do more than I did last year, and i still may be able to...we shall have to see.
I need to make 3 laps and grammy jammies for Christmas as our healthcare went up so much, there won't be much money for buying!
Things are so tight, I may not even be able to do Secret Santa this year. That was a ton of fun.
One day at a time, an hour or two, or maybe even three, here and there...I'll do what i can. Eventually it will add up.
Whatever happened to the good old days, when i could just buckle down, put the mouse nose to grindstone and get 'er done?
I absolutely give out, now! exhausting pain, fatigue make brain fog!
I'll just keep plugging along, plugging along...happy creating all.
hugs from mousie :XD:
Old 03-14-2010, 07:48 AM

There has been progress. But no way am I going to get all of that done in 2010.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tkhooper
There has been progress. But no way am I going to get all of that done in 2010.
I hear ya, tk! yesterday I washed, dried and pressed fabrics for an applique block.
I got the pattern traced to freezer paper and then got the individual pieces of fabric cut out before the power went off and it just got to dark to continue.
One block! not even finished!
I used to be a rolling ball of energy...now I just roll a ball and I'm out of energy...where's that thread about going back in time?:roll:
click, click, click (mousie toenails trying to keep going...) :wink:
Old 03-14-2010, 10:03 AM

Let's see....

1. Rag quilt for friend's baby. (Almost finished just have to wash it 10 more times :-D )

2. Table runner for my table.

3. Egg Money Quilts Sampler (Eleanor Burns)

4. Finish my Beginning Quilting class quilt. The problem with this one is that I caught the bug so bad while taking the class that I have so many other projects I want to do.

5. Start planning out a Mariner's compass quilt.

6. Start a Dear Jane quilt. I plan on doing this one nice and slow so it won't be finished anytime soon.

7. Finish my Pam Bono BOM quilt through my local quilt shop. I have to admit that I'm not too crazy about it so far, but I need to finish what I started.

Not too bad... Of course with work, my husband, a 4 year old, and 3 dogs... I guess I can dream...

This is the list for 2011, right? :-P