Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your 2014 to-make list? >

What's on your 2014 to-make list?

What's on your 2014 to-make list?

Old 01-05-2014, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
My goal is to finish UFOs and use up fabric on hand. I have enough to do some great charity quillts. Let's see if my plan works. It did not go too well last year. This board did not help me stay on my list. Too many new quilts to try out.
This is my goal too! But as the needs for comfort quilts arise, they will come first.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Quilt & bind the 4 quilts I made for Christmas for my 2 DGD's, my DGS, & my DDIL:
1) a double bed size black and gray ribbon quilt block,
2) a DB size khaki, tan, cream & pink D9P,
3) a DB size quilt that has no name
4) a DB size carpenters star

5) Finish a pink, gray & white QAYQ tube quilt (with my own twist). It is all cut and I have several blocks sewn.
6) Finish a rail fence large lap quilt for my DH. All cut out, but needs to be pieced and quilted.
7) then I have fabric purchased and dedicated for 21 more quilts.(at least) Don't know which of those I'll start next. It'll be a good year, I feel it in my bones.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:13 PM

My plan is to finish some UFO's. Our Quilters Group is concentratrating on scrappy quilts this year. Each month we have a short lesson on some type of scrappy quilt, in addition to our regular program. It is fun to see what some members have done with their scraps.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:41 PM

My plan is to finish a lap quilt for my sister, finish my Celitic Solistice from Bonnie Hunter, keep working on my hexie quilt, try some paper piecing , I have two mystery quilts sandwiched waiting to be quilted, I 'm waiting on the arrival of a new grand niece/nephew so I can make a baby quilt in May. I'd love to attend some workshops this year and join my LQS acuquilt BOM, I'm doing the border quiltalong on the board and my DD has asked for a new quilt to go with her room makeover. I think I'll be pretty busy, hopefully no distractions on the board that I simply have to do
Old 01-05-2014, 08:47 PM

I hope to finish 2 queens & 1 king for my children. Wish me good luck that I can do it.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:49 PM

Please let us know how this goes. Wish I could be there with you.

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I have a pile of UFO tops that need quilting. Some of these MUST be completed before I can make something new. ALthough - - - I just remembered that I did sign up for a wall hanging swap.

One of my highlights: I am going to the Ricky Tims seminar in Modesto in February. I am super excited.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 PM

A Queen size and a King Size for DD's who both have anniversaries in June. Yikes, I'd better get started!
Old 01-06-2014, 07:36 PM

My DD is expecting first baby the end of March and our first grandchild, my head is spinning on what I want to make for her. Her meaning the baby, I am going to do an autograph quilt and have friends sign at baby shower. I have a pillow for nursery to do (with ruffles) and a stuffed bunny to do and then great niece is having a baby boy in May so need something for her. Plus all my UFO's!
Old 01-06-2014, 10:19 PM

This year, I just want to finish a couple of quilts. Due to back surgery and then open heart surgery, I haven't quilted in 18 months. Just chomping at the bit to get started.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:27 AM

I really want to do a twisted bargello quilt. I havent started to look for fabrics yet. That is the fun part for me. I have no unfinished sewing projects at this time and cant wait to get started on something.