Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your favorite fabric club? >

What's your favorite fabric club?

What's your favorite fabric club?

Old 05-04-2021, 09:34 AM

Default What's your favorite fabric club?

Are any of you in a monthly fabric club you like? Silly question to ask a slew of quilters.

I've got the Mini Modas (2.5"), four per month from Fat Quarter Shop. I'm also in their quarters monthly. I get one color theme and a bunch of different fabric...12? I can't remember but it's a swell one, great if you need a specific color and it's not in your normal color palette. My stash is mostly purple blue and green but when I want teal or raspberry I didn't have it before this club. I went through some of the Connecting Thread clubs but didn't stay too long there.

Are there more? Google isn't my friend today I've searched. Oh too, I should say I don't care for the modern fabric... looking for generic. Is there a list of them I can check out? I found one but it's all modern fabrics.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:25 AM

Homestead Hearth has a club of monthly fat eighths, and I believe Keepsake Quilting has a slew of clubs.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:30 AM

I've never heard of a fabric club. How are they used each month? Does it work out for you? I'm always ready to learn new stuff!
Old 05-04-2021, 11:50 AM
Power Poster

Are you referring to monthly subscription boxes? If so I used to get Sew Sampler and Creative Notions but while they were fun in the beginning I found that I didn't like a lot of what was in them so I unsubscribed.
When I did my massive sewing room cleanup I found a lot of stuff from those boxes that I will never use.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:58 AM

Not a fabric club but I do like a Mystery Fat Quarter bundle once in a while. Usually you get them from reputable sources (my last one was Art Gallery Fabrics) and they run less than $2 a FQ. Again my last one - thru Amazon was $25 for 20 FQ.

Stashing with Stephanie comes with a monthly pattern. If you want something regular.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:06 PM

Funny I see this now. I literally just placed a big order with Fat Quarter Shop about 15 minutes ago and looked at the mini charm club, debating about it. I saw they are running 2 months behind (due to fabric delivery delays I'm sure, not FQS fault) so I decided to pass for now. But I'm curious enough to look up a few of these suggestions. Thanks for the question!
Old 05-04-2021, 01:03 PM

I also do Fat Quarter Shop, and do the Fat Quarter Clubs only. I used to do the Charm Pack club and discovered I am not a fan of charm squares or layer cakes since they are not always cut correctly. I am however a huge fan of fat quarters! I have not found any other clubs that have sparked my interest.

Batiks- Monthly
Art Gallery Fabrics- Quarterly
Low Volume- Monthly
Kaffe Fasset- Quarterly
Old 05-04-2021, 04:33 PM

Aashley, they are fun. I find they send stuff I'd never buy. The Fat Quarter ones great, all high end fabrics in one color theme is the one I've signed into and while I'd never seek some of these colors, I find they have come in handy. Just the right color for x, or this applique needs x and they were there.

SusieQ I agree, the monthly boxes aren't my cup of tea. I couldn't even do the thread ones but I do love the fabric. I've been through several I didn't like.

Never heard of a few of these places so I've got some searching to do. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:32 PM

I like the idea of a color club! I use alot of blenders and tonals. Depending on the project sometimes I'll run low on one specific color. Right now I'm low on greens and dark browns.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:08 PM

No I have not been in on any of these, I do enough damage alone.