Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your favorite quilt shop? >

What's your favorite quilt shop?

What's your favorite quilt shop?

Old 05-20-2009, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by terry leffler
I live on Long Island, NY & have at least 6 quilt shops within an hours drive. How lucky am I?
Question:
We will be going to Hawaii in January 2010. First stop Maui - don't know which other islands yet but it's easy to fly from one to another.
Where are the quilt shops?
Many thanks.
Here's some names for you :)
-Fabric Impressions, Kilawea Kreations, The Quilt Hut, The Needlework Shop,The Mauii quilt shop, etc...:)I think you will be good!:)Check for one of these online and see if they do a shop hops over there. Bet there are some that are not heavily advertised! Do you plan on sewing a hawaiing quilt? Did I even spell that right?LOL I use to not care for those...but, they are slowly growing on me and I find them fascinating! Skeat
Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jkraft21
Hello, I am also in Iowa (north-central), I am very familiar with Cantril as my mom lives in the southeastern side of Iowa. There are several quilt shops that I like to venture to and one is in Ames (Quilting Connection) another is a shop in Goldfield (The Honey Barn). I recently did a project from the Kalona shop you mentioned. To be honest there are not too many shops that I don't enjoy going into as my stash will testify to that!

Happy Quilting! jkraft21
Hi to another Iowan
Whereabouts does your mom live? Just curious!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:47 PM

The quilt shop closest to me is Crafty Corner Quilt and Sewing Shoppe in Worthington, MN. Ken and Zuby have lots of beautiful fabric. Another favorite is Quilting In The Country in Bozeman, MT. (I know of this one from visits out to my sisters, all of whom migrated to MT from MN. One of the sisters works part-time at QIC.) Another neat quilt shop in the Bozeman area is Quilts On Broadway in Belgrade, MT (at least I think it's in Belgrade!). It is a square, two-story house filled from basement to second floor...every room...with bolts and bolts of quilting fabric! I hope soon to be visiting good quilting friends in Albert Lea, MN, and checking out LQSs in their vicinity.

Joanne
Old 05-21-2009, 12:49 AM

Oh my I don't show favoritism........:-)......Just love them all .......:-)
Old 05-21-2009, 03:27 AM

You lucky Terry. My H and I were there twice. First time we took a seven day cruise around all the islands. First thing I did was look for fabric much to my H's bewilderment. There were VERY few independent shops. Only found three on the less populated islands. Believe it or not, the best place I found was the Singer shops with loads of island fabric at $5.95 a yard. I bought a bunch.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:33 AM

Hawaii quilt shops info......

Here's some info for you to read on Hawaii shops at: http://www.planetpatchwork.com/passtvq/tvq24/hawaii.htm
Old 05-21-2009, 03:54 AM

I'm with you. I arrange bus trips for my guild to visit the quilt shops in Florida. We do about one trip a year. Would love to do the country but first I have to win the lottery.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 AM

I may conside a Hawaiian quilt but they look really difficult! A lot of appliqueing! Thanks for the names. I'm trying to book a week at Kona & that will give me a wholr different island to quilt shop hop!
Terry
Old 05-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Block By Block in Carthage, Missouri. It has a web site - blockbyblock.net.