Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Whch quilting jobs would you give to your quilting fairy? >

Whch quilting jobs would you give to your quilting fairy?

Whch quilting jobs would you give to your quilting fairy?

Old 06-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Suz

If she would just find things that I lose, it would be helpful. Right not I'm looking for a pressing pad to take to the beach. Guess a bath towel will have to do. I plan to turn the edge of leaves for an applique project. Recently, I hunted for about two years for my tin of needles only to discover that I'd move them into a larger container and of course, forgot I'd done so. Maybe she could help me with memory.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:08 PM

I like them all, just wish I was in better health so it didn't take so long to get one done! Is there a fairy for that?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:11 PM

Oh my gosh, a quilting fairy...how cute is that! I want one to help me deal with scraps also. I would love to have a project going and be able to use leaders/enders at the same time but just can't get organized enough to get that arranged. I can't imagine getting to do 2 quilts at the same time. So I want to live in quilting heaven where fairies do my organizing for me and let me be more efficient. If you find such would you please send them my way!?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

I like all aspects of quilting so I'll assign my quilting fairies to clean the house! Then I can keep quilting.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:56 PM

If I had a quilting fairy ,preferably a rich one. she would pay to have some one quilt my quilts. I love or at least like all the other steps. Diane c
Old 06-26-2015, 05:13 PM

cutting--I don't actually mind the cutting, but can't cut sitting down and find that it's hard to stand for very long and I like to do all the cutting pretty much at one sitting so that I'm aware if I have problems.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:17 PM

Working on as many tee shirt quilts as I do, I want a ironing fairy to fuse all the interfacing to the shirts so I can do the real work once they're stabilized.
Old 06-27-2015, 03:23 AM

I'd like the fairy to sandwich my larger quilts. I really don't like wrangling the large top, batting and backing. It's so much easier with two or more people--hey, maybe those of us who don't like that part should get together and help each other! LOL. When I was part of a small group who met weekly to quilt together, we would have a "basting day" and everyone who had a top ready to sandwich would bring it and we would help each other with that onerus task. Now my hubby helps me lay things out, but up to me to baste or pin. Maybe the fairy could wave her wand and...Poof!!!...ready to quilt!
Old 06-27-2015, 04:26 AM

I had to read through all the replies to try and determine what I need a fairy for, as I generally like just about everything, but I did find one task that I would be happy to hand off, and that is marking the top for quilting. I'm always trying to find a way to quilt without having to mark - and most times I can, but for those times I just can't, call in the fairies, please.