Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is all the Christmas fabric?? >

Where is all the Christmas fabric??

Where is all the Christmas fabric??

Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM

Thanx for all your input. I did try Fabric.com, and found some beautiful reds. I decided to make my tree skirt all in reds and whites. Also got a beautiful white on white snowflake fabric by Michael Miller. Of course, none of this was on clearance...average $8/yd.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 PM

I went to Jo Ann's Fabrics for xmas material too. It was on sale(60%) but there wasn't much to choose from. I wanted fun santa designs for Linus blankets for next year. I did get a couple pc. that wasn't real good. I will keep looking. Nancy
Old 01-01-2012, 06:43 PM

try quiltshops.com online and also desperate quilters - http://www.desperatequilters.com/cgi...d=&product=699

The latter has a big sale and large selection. good luck.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Banned

many shops have heard that there will be a shortage of holiday prints released this year, so to the storeroom they went....bet they raise the prices on this OLD stock next year as well!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by nancyrmathews View Post
I went to Jo Ann's Fabrics for xmas material too. It was on sale(60%) but there wasn't much to choose from. I wanted fun santa designs for Linus blankets for next year. I did get a couple pc. that wasn't real good. I will keep looking. Nancy
Being a new quilter making new baby stuff, I was REALLY disappointed in not being able to find Santa fabric this fall. Lots of Seuss and other cute themes but I wanted Santa.

Sandy
Old 01-02-2012, 04:22 AM

Last year I went to Walmart and bought a ton of fabric for next to nothing; really next to nothing. I may not always want to make a quilt with thier fabric even though some of it is really good but for a tree skirt it should be just fine.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 PM

I just purchased some Christmas yardage at the Fat Quarter Shop...but it was slim pickin's! LOL!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:22 AM

I used to own a bricks and mortar quilt store. Because of inventory issues and needing to clear out for the new fabric ordered, we used to mark the Christmas fabric down the week before Christmas because it would still sell then. Not much of a market for Christmas fabric after Christmas.

I have gone into stores in March through May looking for Christmas fabric. It was never there. I know that the fabric companies start making it available around that time. I guess most hold off getting it into their stores until June or July. I guess it is an inventory thing or needing to focus on selling the spring summer lines.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:02 PM

www.Thousandsofbolts.com has some beautiful Christmas fabric ranging around $5.00 a yard and much of it is high quality names too. I love their fabric and just bought a bunch of Christmas fabric a week ago.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:07 PM

It really depends on the JoAnn's. I went in one direction and they had about four choices and I went in the other direction and they were loaded with 60% off Christmas fabric. I'm lucky in that I have one on each side of me, about 7 miles away but I know not everyone has that. HOWEVER, in this weather, I'll shop online instead and stay by the fireplace

Originally Posted by nancyrmathews View Post