Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where to buy wool rug pad for an ironing board cover >

Where to buy wool rug pad for an ironing board cover

Where to buy wool rug pad for an ironing board cover

Old 02-18-2020, 08:51 AM

Default Where to buy wool rug pad for an ironing board cover

Where can I buy a wool rug pad for an ironing board cover ? A couple of months ago this was available in any size from Ecorug. I called and they have stopped carrying wool pads.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:27 AM

I found one on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Wooly-Felted-...046737&sr=8-65. I hope this helps you out
Old 02-18-2020, 12:38 PM

I use this felt pad by Brabantia on my ironing board, it is very thick. I use 2 pads on my current ironing board. Had the pad on my old ironing board then found a big ironing board at an estate sale so bought a pad for that board. Later decided I didn't want my 1st ironing board anymore and took the pad from that one and put it on my big board so that's why I have 2. They are currently $19.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Old 02-19-2020, 10:09 AM

Thrift Store! I have collected 100% wool blankets this way for years to use as batting. I see no reason why they could not work for padding an ironing board. If you are worried about using steam, I'd felt the blanket first by washing with HOT water and detergent followed by drying on high in the dryer.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:59 AM

A friend of mine got one from a tack store on line. It is for under a saddle. She used it at a class, it worked the same as the one I spent $80 for. They are 100% wool. much cheaper than from amazon, around 25 dollars. try doing a search for tack stores and then wool pads on the website. There are some that are blends so make sure its 100% .

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-19-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-19-2020, 11:42 PM

I dunno, if I'm just weird or what but I cut out some Warm N Natural,,, stuck it under the teflon stuff and it's worked soooo much better then the foam that comes with the covers. I love it. I struggled for years with the foam bunching up under the covers. Finally I just got fed up as it was all damp under neath, metal was rusted and the foam was starting to rip. Tossed it all and grabbed some extra batting. My only problem... that I didn't do it sooner. That said I do need a rectangle board and a new iron. You can only drop them so many times.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:28 PM

I am using an old WW2 green army blanket that my parents had. They’re not hard to find, really. Recently I saw a peach Colored blanket in Good Will for $3. I didn’t need it, but it certainly appeared to be 100% wool.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:55 AM

Do you iron right on the army blanket or have a cotton cover on It?
Old 02-22-2020, 01:51 PM

You could buy an old wool coat, rip or cut it apart and felt it and make your own. I think that would be the cheapest way to do