Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where Did You Buy Your Used Sewing Machine? >

Where Did You Buy Your Used Sewing Machine?

Where Did You Buy Your Used Sewing Machine?

Old 01-07-2022, 05:44 PM

I bought a machine on Ebay. It came in a box, but one part was missing. I emailed the seller and he sent it right away. The machine is perfect!
Old 01-10-2022, 11:17 PM

I bought two from ebay, one from Goodwill online, one from a private owner, two from a quilt show and was gifted one by my son. I bought my Elna 62C new from a dealer in 1973.
One of the ebay machines was poorly packed and the case was broken. I contacted the seller who said she was ill and an employee packed it. She refunded the shipping which was quite a bit. I don't care about the case, but I repaired it in case I sell the machine.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:39 AM

The bank was trustee of my Aunt’s (by marriage) estate. They turned everything over to an auction house and it was sold online, including her almost new Bernina. She was in her 80’s when she bought it and never got used to using it, preferring her old Bernina. It sold for $300+ on the last day of bidding. I’d be traveling 350 miles to pick it up so I didn’t get involved. The bank was difficult to work with so I had to smile when I saw from the auction pictures the foot control wasn’t included. I could see from pictures online it was thrown in a box of shoes. I hope the new owner got it figured out.

And her old Bernina ? Her sister in law told me she took it in for repair but beyond fix so the store junked it. This was “fishy” so I inquired at the repair shop. They knew my Aunt and actually sent me a copy of the invoice of the repair. Plain as day, it only needed cleaning & oiling. No repair required. A woman picked it up (sister in law) so she stole it & bold face lied to me.