Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where Do You Hunt For The Cheapst of Cheap Fabrics? >

Where Do You Hunt For The Cheapst of Cheap Fabrics?

Where Do You Hunt For The Cheapst of Cheap Fabrics?

Old 09-20-2020, 05:01 AM

Maybe I should rephrase my question. I'm not looking for low quality fabric. I'm looking for lower prices on good quality fabric. Everybody loves a good sale. Although, I have to admit that I have put some questionable, antique and vintage fabrics in my past quilts that held up well with every day use. I just depends.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

I think you're in the wrong century to find fabric 2-3 bucks a yard! I've been quilting since the 80's and I don't think it was that cheap even back then.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:14 AM

Marshall dry goods now has a sale on 30# box of selected fabrics that they say works out to $1.25 per yard. It came in an email this morning. I've never participated in this type of sale, so I'm not advocating buying it. I'm just passing it on.
bkay
Old 09-20-2020, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I think you're in the wrong century to find fabric 2-3 bucks a yard! I've been quilting since the 80's and I don't think it was that cheap even back then.
Oh...not so! I just bought some calicos for $1.95/yd at MDG (plus shipping.) Even with shipping it comes out to only about $2.75/yd. I also used to haunt another store that just a couple of years ago, regularly had clearance items for $2.99/yd, but they don't offer it that cheap any more. I just checked their site and they do have one for $3.96/yd. These are all top quality cottons.

I'd like to hear about more recycled fabric sources too. I know of one place down in the silicon valley that offers free fabric to crafters, once a month, by appointment only, but I've never been there. I think that they have mostly home design fabrics.

I know that many of you are on a fabric moratorium, but I've been using from my old stash for years now, so I've been doing some buying lately. It's time to recharge the stash.
Old 09-20-2020, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Wow! What is MDG?
Old 09-20-2020, 01:09 PM

Marshalls Dry Goods. It's a fabric store.