Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you sew and quilt?

Blog Entries
    This will be cool to find our where you sew and quilt at?

Monday night I learned how to paper piece so I brought my sewing machine in the family room on the sewing table in there, had to move hubby's recliner chair, so he sat on my recliner chair. I used 2 tv trays one for my pressing and the other one for my small cutting mat since I was paper piecing. I have a sewing room on the other end of house but no tv, no pc. ha ha

This summer I will be using the sun porch but we don't heat it in the winter time.

Okay who is next?

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA (* Beginner Quilter)

Blog Entries
    i turned my dining area into a work space.

it's in desperate need or reorganizing and sprucing up. the way it is now, there's no way i could invite anybody to dine on anything but fabric! :lol:

farscapegal
    Like PatriceJ I turned my dining room into a sewing room. When my son moved out I turned his room into a sewing room. I make all of my quilts in his room and all my other sewing I do in the dining room.

Sybil

Blog Entries
    Most of the time, I sew in my sewing room. But, when I have hand work to do or I am drawing up a new design, I sit on couch in the living room.

When both of my sons moved out I took over a bedroom for my sewing room. If I'm up in the night I might bring my small machine to the kitchen table so I won't wake DH. Hand work I do in the living room.

Once my son married and moved out I took over his bedroom for my sewing room. Of an evening I do hand sewing in the loungeroom watching TV with DH.

When my daughter got married and purchased her own home I knew for sure she would not be returning home. I made her former bedroom over into my sewing room. I have a small station set up there for cutting or ironing on the top of an old dresser. That room holds three machines, my sewing, embroidery and serger. It is also where we have our computer set up and I also have a 19inch TV in that room. My major storage, cutting and ironing area are in my basement. I also use the ping pong table in the basement to layout and or baste bedsize quilts. I have round floor hoops both in my ground floor TV room and my basement family room. Which ever room we are watching TV in at the time is where I do my big handquilting. For smaller projects I use a lap frame that I can carry where ever.

Banned
    We enclosed our garage, added paneling, carpet, bathroom, etc. Its all mine! :thumbup:

I used to sew in the dining room and, actually, I am finding that now that I have my own sewing room (taken over when my son moved out after college), I miss sewing in my dining room. While it is nice to be able to leave projects out, I miss being downstairs where the 'action' is. Plus, in my dining room I have a huge window...gotta love that natural lighting! When I am doing handwork, I do it in the family room.

I started in the dining room. Then once the oldest left, her room became mine and since we always have a 3 bedroom where ever we go, I'll always have a room for me.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the tiny computer/sewing room. It's right next to the dining room. Since I have the computer next to me, I use QuiltersTV and Hulu to keep me company while I sew.

I sew in my daughter's old room but her old bed is still in there. Also her chest of drawers which I have full of stuff. I am giving the bed away this spring to a company who gives used furniture to the poor and needy. They do a great service to the community.
    This fall I bought a TV for this room but only regular TV no cable or satellite in there which is okay for me.

I have a small sewing space in my bedroom...very small.

Blog Entries
    I sew in my kitchen at the table. I hope to use one of my DD's rooms when they move out. Which won't be for a few years yet. I mostly sew at night when everyone is doing there own thing and the kitchen is "closed". :-D

I sew in the dining room also, I have two spare bedrooms but hubby wanted me downstairs so here I am. lol I have a large sliding glass door that leads to the patio so good lighting. The laundry room is right off the dining room so my cupboards with fabric, ironing board and cuttingtable are all in there. We do not entertain so this is my space. Also the conputor is here too so my machine can hook up to the computor to down load my designs. Marge

I'm very lucky - my boyfriend let me take over the "dining room" of his apartment - even bought my shevles for christmas.

It's a pretty old building, and it's the draftiest/coldest room in the apartment, but I get to leave stuff set up whenever I need to and not worry about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I still have 3 kids at home so I don't get any bedrooms yet. I do have a finished room in the basement (unfortunately no window but good overhead lighting and a closet). And for the quilt frame, I've taken over the 1st floor study which is right across from the laundry room and just off the kitchen so I can multi-task with laundry and dinner while I quilt. I'd move everything up there if only the room was big enough. Can't wait til I can take over a couple of bedrooms! My DH says we need to downsize when the kids leave home - I don't think so!

Blog Entries
    I started out in the laundry room on top of the washer!...Now, I've graduated to a tiny corner of 1 or our 2 little bedrooms...and of course things get spread out the door...down the hall...into the den..... :roll:

I started out on the dining room table, but since the kids have all grown and moved out, my hubby turned my son's bedroom into my sewing room (turned our youngest DD's room into my office). He keeps finding more storage things more me and has equipped it with a TV, small stereo system and is in the process of utilizing an old laptop as a dedicated computer for my sewing machine embroidery. We recently purchased matching rocker recliners for the room also (he likes to be in the room with me in the evenings). When I have hand sewing I sometimes take it to the living room where we can watch the bigger TV. I am truly blessed.

We knocked out a bedroom wall so I could have a big enough sewing room for my longarm. You would think that would be enough but I'm still needing more room! I have to keep most of my fabric in another room. But, all in all, it's wonderful & I love having my own "big room"!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have a small sewing room that is actually meant to be a 3rd bedroom, but it's just the two of us so the second bedroom is the office/computer room, the third is my sewing room. BUT my DH expects that I'll take over the downstairs den eventually. I prefer the smaller room as the den is cold and only one small high window. I like to be able to look out my windows and see what's going on.

Although, I do have my own sewing/office room, I do most of my sewing in the dinning room. It's where the action is.

I posted a picture of my sewing/guest room earlier. Well, I moved all my quilting stuff into my office now since I rather have my stuff there than in the guest room.

My studio is the third bedroom (10x11)...When we bought the house, I chose this over the other (9x12)...thats the guest room...
    Before this though, when I lived in NYC, it was the kitchen table....

I have a tiny space in the living room. Just big enough for a 2' x 3' sewing table and my treadle machine next to it. I live in envy of those of you who have sewing rooms. DS #1 will be going off to college in 4 years so I have designs on his room.

I am single so can do what I want and so turned my master bedroom into my sewing room. Had Laminate floor put in and took off the closet doors. I love my special room and spend alot of time here (my computer is in here too).
    Only one complaint, my master is the size of a normal bedroom. The other two are so small only a twin fits in them.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast