Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is it?? >

Where is it??

Where is it??

Old 08-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Jim

I have been looking for TWO not just one but TWO pairs of Fiskars snippers that I use on flannel rag quilts. One I used outside for trimming small boxwoods stems and clipping small rose stems and dead heading(originally I found them in the gardening section) The other pair were in my sewing supplies I just hope they are together and having a good laugh at me together...been looking for them for over a year...arggg...someday to be found and who knows maybe I will be proud Papa to twin snippets.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:21 AM

I have a laptop in my sewing room and a document in Excel entitled "Where Is It" - now that I am older (78+) I have difficulty remembering where I put things so if I purchase something new I put it in the Excel document. Excel will sort alphabetically so I cross-reference the item several different ways if I think it will be trouble finding. This only takes such a bit of time and sure saves me A LOT of time looking for things... I also have the same document on my computer upstairs. This getting older is the pits - sure affects the memory...(grin)....
Old 08-30-2012, 03:56 AM

Yes, I made Swirling Sunbonnet Girl Block for a Quilt. Half were facing left and half were facing right. Well when it came to putting the blocks together I could not find half of them. I looked for a week, finally giving up I embroidered the half I had lost again. Finished the little quilt. About a month later I was cleaning out a drawer and there they were in the baggy right where I put them. I still say I have a ghost in this house, lol. So now I have half the blocks left. I had looked right where I found them too. Sometimes I question my sanity.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:16 AM

I agree...sometimes stop looking and it will jump out at you!
Old 08-30-2012, 07:06 AM

Things like this are getting to be normal for me. I "lost" a piece of fabric a couple months ago. Not a small piece - it was 4 or 5 yards big. I hunted high and low - emptied things out. It almost drove me crazy. Finally decided to give it a rest and do another project. Walked into my sewing room 1 morning and my tall stack of kids prints had toppled over. Started picking them up and at the bottom of the pile was the other fabric I had been looking for. It was not a kids print so don't know why it was there but I was glad to finally see it. Seems like things always turn up - you just don't know when or where.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:38 AM

all the time. Actually 2 days ago I was working on an embroidery project and "thought" I misplaced my embroidery foot. I'm very anal about where I keep my feet and notions so I looked for at least 10 minutes around my sewing space with no luck. I finally thought I will have to go to the sewing machine shop to pick up another one (and getting very mad at myself for misplacing it). I then found it right in front of me - I don't even remember taking it out of the drawer. This is very frustrating for me and, lately, it's happening more frequently. I'm going to call me doctor to see if she can help me understand what is causing this.

In my case, it's probably a memory issue relating to my fibromyalgia.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:22 AM

Personally I am blaming all my missing stuff on my two new kittens - either they have carried it off or I am so worn out with their antics that I can't be responsible for where anything is! That's my story and I am sticking to it!
Old 08-30-2012, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Grannyh67 View Post
Yes, I made Swirling Sunbonnet Girl Block for a Quilt. Half were facing left and half were facing right. Well when it came to putting the blocks together I could not find half of them. I looked for a week, finally giving up I embroidered the half I had lost again. Finished the little quilt. About a month later I was cleaning out a drawer and there they were in the baggy right where I put them. I still say I have a ghost in this house, lol. So now I have half the blocks left. I had looked right where I found them too. Sometimes I question my sanity.

Make a baby blanket with the ones you just found! By the way, I don't put things in a "good" place, or a "safe" place, because these are too general. I put things in a good and secure safe place. That way when I find that place again, everything will be there.

Last edited by Sierra; 08-30-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:53 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I spend half my time looking for things. I usually give up and I find whatever I was looking for days (or weeks) later when I am looking for something else.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:10 PM

I always blame the cats. If they didn't put it there, I put it there to keep them off of it until I could put it where it should be. As to Joan3111, an excel sheet? That is WAAAY too organized for my personality.