Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where's Alex Andersen?

I saw her this morning at 8AM on the local cable presentation of HGTV> Yahooo!

You can find Alex at WWW.THEQUILTSHOW.COM

She is doing a web based show. Lots of things to look at for free, you get to see one show for free (on the net) and you have to sign up and pay to become a member to see all of them. If you really want to see Alex in a different light, go onto the web site, you will have to create a user name and password (free) and check out her video dairy. It is hilarious! She seems to be having a great time and seems much more relaxed than she did on Simply Quilts, she really acts herself on this one. She does this show with Ricky Timms. I encourage everyone to take a look-see!

i was just perusing the board and ran across this thread. i, too miss alex, so when you mentioned that she was back i quick like a bunny checked my tv and wallaaa!!! there she is. so far all repeats, but thats ok i need lots of review :D :D :D

i came across this thread too. i have never seen alex's quilting shows. a friend of mine lives in illinois and said she watches carol duvall on wha (ch.21). i guess it is her show and she has guests and do various things on the show. i guess she has done quilting on the show. i haven' seen this show either, so i may not be describing the show correctly.i was going to see if we get this channel and haven't gotten to it yet. does anyone watch this show and what is it all about?

jeanette

lin
    quilterj~I used to watch the Carol Duvall show every morning even though I don't do many crafts. She used to do the best live Christmas shows! I just love her. She was always so sweet and sunny and had good guests on. She was the queen of crafting!! But she finally retired and so now all we can get are her re-runs, but that's ok.

nanabird~It's the same with Alex. They're not shooting new shows any more. All we'll get are re-runs, (and we're lucky to get even that!) but I watch them every morning. Some I've seen more than once LOL, but I like to be inspired by her and her guests. She's doing a show via the internet now with Ricky Timms.

It is all reruns but I still get it at 8:00 AM instead of 8:30 So check you local stations. Marge

thanks everyone. watched it this morning. caught it just in time.

yea i need lots of reruns :lol: how about eleanor burns? is she making new shows? i see reruns on rfd tv but my satelite is going to make me pay extra to get that channe. :x may be worth it if the shows are new.

Alex can be found now at thequiltshow.com. She has started this site with Ricky Tims. Lots of fun info.

luvsdp

I "joined" the Alex/Tims quilt show online....charter membership.... a few dollars less.

Well....I have dial-up....NOT WATCHABLE ON DIAL-UP! So, I tried to watch it once on DD's speedy internet connection.....the show/broadcast was still broken up reception...but, besides that, it was mostly just a "pat on the back" show for Alex and Ricky and not much about quilting technique. I had heard from several other "charter members" that they were totally disenchanted by the content of the program and that they were very sorry they had joined. I don't know if they got enough complaints to change their format or not because I cannot watch it.

I wrote to the subscription place and asked for a refund because I was SO disappointed in quality and content of the show. I got a reply.... a very KURT reply stating that if I had read the "terms of agreement" I would have known that REFUNDS WOULD NOT BE GIVEN and that you did need fast internet connection to watch. They were VERY RUDE and not willing to bend at all. I haven't watched a show since!

I don't if you have access to this or not but look for a channel called CREATE it usually has one or two quilting shows a day on it

Thank you. I get 3 different quilting shows on TV, but I was SO disappointed in the Alex/Tim online show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2