Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where's the Spray Starch???? >

Where's the Spray Starch????

Where's the Spray Starch????

Old 10-17-2010, 06:17 AM

Check out the topic on this blog about household items used as tools. Some of the quilters who wrote in said they make their own with cornstarch. Someone did submit a recipe if you read through the responses. Someone else said that you could find the recipe by Googling "spray starch". The household object topic brought in a wealth of ideas especially for those who live in inconvenient areas or are financially challenged (and who isn't)
Old 10-17-2010, 02:32 PM

try your local drycleaners Igot a huge bottle from mine.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by Kitsie
Originally Posted by featherweight
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Reminds me when I had surgery and couldn't walk but a few steps at a time, I sent my young DD into the grocery store to get a can of English Peas. She came out and said the store didn't have any. I knew that was almost impossible so sent her back in to ask someone. She came back out and said the worker said the store didn't sell English peas, he couldn't find them. I was getting frustrated so sent her in again to look at the pictures on the can and buy the can that looked like the peas we always ate. She came back out with a can of SWEET PEAS and said that was the only thing the young clerk and her could find. LOL.
Sorry, I have never heard of English Peas either!!!
In case you are NOT joking - same as green peas!
Nope, not joking. In Co we call them sweet peas...
I was raised in the south and the only thing we called "sweet peas" were the babies!!! The green peas were called "English peas". Isn't it funny how different parts of the country call things!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:25 PM
MM

I've bought the Niagara non-aerosol spray starch at both WalMart and Target. Before that I bought an aerosol brand at WM. RIght now I'm using diluted Staflo Concentrated Liquid Starch (in an empty Niagara bottle) that I also bought at WM.

The first time I bought starch at WM I needed to search through the laundry aisle; now I know where to look (bottom shelf), but I'm not sure what's around it.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:27 PM

I make my own spray starch also. The recipe is posted here. Do a search in topics.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:04 PM

Haven't tried the home made, but did find Wal-mart had both the liguid and canned starch. The canned was like 99cents and I got the lavender scented. It was the Faultless Brand and heavy starch spray.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:49 AM

I use spray starch to stiffen up silk fabric it makes it easyer to cut straight. I get the large spray can of starch at The dollar store and they also have the liquid starch.