Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
White fabric? >

White fabric?

White fabric?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:58 AM

Try this out for solids. The white and black comes on 6 yard bolts, if you need that much. I bought the black from here awhile back and it was fine great I wish I had bought the white back then too. It was only 17.00 for the 6 yards. lol
They have it by the yard too.

http://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php...=kona%20cotton
Old 06-14-2010, 05:05 AM
Banned

Marshall Dry Goods has the best price online.
I too have bought Kona at Joanns and like it.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:09 AM
sss

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I use cotton sheets if I need a solid white. You can always find one on sale.
I have never thought about buying sheets. I bet you could do that for prints also.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:26 AM

They have some nicer and thicker bleached muslin I use if I want a plain white, But I love Kona. Yummy.

Rita
Old 06-14-2010, 05:36 AM

I like Kona very much but have found --as with every fabric--
there are different qualities. I have bought from Joanns (when you can find it in stock) and it's okay but if you have a Hobby Lobby store nearby try their Kona. It is different. What I do now is buy 1/4 yard of several whites from different places--pin a note to them and write the end of the bolt info on the note with a number--1,2,3, etc.-- and then when I get home I cut it in half--pin info note onto both and use a permanent pen and mark the number onto both notes and both fabrics. Put aside one half and then take the other half to the washer--save the note--and wash with a full load of laundry. Then I compare them all with the project I want
to use them with. I know, I know this takes a little time but in the end you WILL BE much happier with your finished project!! And we all know how much time, thought, and
money that can go into these projects!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:37 AM

I have always used Moda Bella for solids. Never tried Kona. Think I will order from FabricDepot on the 6-yd., good price. I am presently needing to add white/white tone on tones to my stash, I am completely out! Any sales going on for this???
Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 AM

I guess I don't tend to buy a lot of white. Usually only to print on and then I buy the high thread count. If I buy a solid it is Kona. I buy a lot of black Kona. I guess it's the teens in the family. They are partial to black. :roll: All black is not equal. I assume white is the same. Be sure to get enough for your project. I have had the problem before with running out and it not matching :cry: Now I will have to look at white the next time I am out.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by Sharon321
Southern Belle feels great. Love it.
It's nice to know I still have some of my memory. Yes, this is great muslin! And y'all know the bamboo becomes rayon when they treat it. And it isn't the environmentally friendly product like they try to make sound. Yes, bamboo is fast growing and renewable, but the process to make it into fabric is quite toxic.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

A low thread count Egyptian cotton sheet is best for quilt fabric use.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:02 AM

I buy white by the bolt. I am now on my second bolt. My friends will buy yardage from me from time to time, so I haven't really used it all. I get the Kona Cotton from a store on Camano Island, WA. They are an online store but we can shop in person since we are so close. She give me a great deal on bolts. I love the weight of the Kona solids, it isn't flimsy nor is it heavy.

BTW - whichever you get, mark the fabric because there is no selvedge edge with the information on it on solids so you can get it mixed up if you buy from different manufactures.

Originally Posted by Dingle
I really don't have any plain white fabric in my stash. I guess I tend to shy away from it because all I ever seem to find is thin stuff you can see through. Well now I'm needing some. What white fabric should I buy?

Thanks