Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Whittles fabrics in Ky!!

Whittles fabrics in Ky!!

I am planning to take an overnight trip to Whittles soon (friends and coworkers shaking heads and thinking of having me commited) besides Whittles, is there anyplace between there an Ohio I need to see??? Thanks for your help!

Blog Entries
    First of all - WELCOME to the QB! Second, what/where is Whittles?
    Nikki in MO

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea where you should stop. I'd never heard of Whittles fabrics, but upon looking it up, I realize it is directly on the road we take to visit family in southwest Virginia. I'm thinking it will be a good place to "stretch our legs".

RUN GO I order from them online. I have a friend who has gone in person and says there are fabulous deals in the store that are not online also. jealous

whittles is just north of Bowling Green Ky, and I understand from the folks on this board that it is worth the drive and can turn into an all day stay

Whittle's has great fabrics, prices and customer service.

Have a wonderful trip!!!!

Whittles is a great place, well worth the trip. If you are going through Louisville, there is a new shop on Shelbyville road called the Cozy Quilter that looks great.

There is a nice place called Kentucky Quilt Company in Bowling Green, Ky. It is on Campbell Lane in The Sewing Center. She has beautiful fabric and always has a selection of good fabric on sale for $5 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
    There is a nice place called Kentucky Quilt Company in Bowling Green, Ky. It is on Campbell Lane in The Sewing Center. She has beautiful fabric and always has a selection of good fabric on sale for $5 or less.
    Thanks I'll put this on my list!!

Whittle's is great. They have built a larger bldg than they originally had. First time I went, there were 12 of us going together. Another group of 12 was already there. Very tight but great atmosphere. The people are super. You can't beat the prices. Enjoy the trip.

Blog Entries
    Is Whittle's anywhere near Pikeville, KY? We bought our travel trailer in Pikeville, KY and would love to go back for a day visit to the area. We live in Kingsport, TN.
    Sherri

Sherri, if Whittles is just north of Bowling Green, then no, it's not near Pikeville. Sorry! But I guess you could make a big circle loop!

Blog Entries
    yes run i,ve brought some fabrics from them but only online as i live in calif to far to drive for me lol
    we can make our plans but the out come is in god,s hands nellie diaz

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
    Whittles is a great place, well worth the trip. If you are going through Louisville, there is a new shop on Shelbyville road called the Cozy Quilter that looks great.
    The owners are very nice and it's a nice little shop. The prices are NOT very friendly but are inline, I suppose, with all small quilt shops.

I want to road trip to Whittles too! From Ohio, you might want to visit The Fabric Shack in Waynesville OH. That store is also on my road trip list!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy