Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who Do You Make Quilts For? >

Who Do You Make Quilts For?

Who Do You Make Quilts For?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:05 PM

As WannaBeQuiltin said, I make quilts for ME! I give them away so I don't die in an avalanche of quilts.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 PM

If others just happen to love what I make (and they do), then that's OK, but I will never make a quilt that is expected of me or in fabrics I don't like. Life is just too darn short ![/QUOTE]

I'm with you Wanabee Quiltin, but I have an 8 year old grandson whose brother has been gone for a full year in Africa and the older brother has always had a panda bear that travels and sleeps with him. Little brother, who misses him hughly, wants a quilt out of some very stiff, rough fabric and there is no way I could talk him out of it. Ironically, the brother is returning in January and may get back before the awful quilt is finished. Trying to get things out of the way so I can get it done. Never thought I'd make a quilt I didn't want to make but that little face did me in. Se la viv.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 PM

I volunteer for a quilt ministry at my church where we make quilts for church members who have a serious, life threatening illness. We pray for the person and their specific needs from start to finish so when the person uses it they are covered with prayer.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:11 PM

Each quilt is started because I, me want to learn a new technique or start a new something. Give some away to friends charity etc.or if the dogs suddenly sit on specific one it becomes theirs. I have three dogs and they all pick very different patterns and colours and patterns. Som quilts they don't even look at. Will make a quilt for people , they buy own fabric etc i put together and quilt. Cost is price of a class. I'm doing my thing at no cost.
I do send to charity , soldiers and to hospitals for children's wards and the ones which are the quickest intensive baby care. I also knit blankets and hats for them as well.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:47 AM

Family, friends, and charity and also to challenge myself to learn and try something new.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 AM

I also made quilts for everyone close to me. Now I spend most of my time making Quilts of Valor or quilts for new babies!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:00 PM

For my family, and new babies in our church (baptism gifts).
Old 12-15-2012, 06:31 PM

I have only made 9 quilts. The first one I sold because the lady wanted it so bad. It was made from cheater fabric. I told her 150.00 because I thought she wouldn't pay that for it. But she did. The next one I made for my TOPS chapter to raffle off. It was a lap quilt made from Christmas fabric. It brought 65.00. The next was a lap that I made for my DIL's grandmother who turned 91 in July. The next 3 are for my grown children for Christmas, and the last 3 are lap quilts for my grown granddaughters for Christmas. They are all finished except for one lap quilt and one full sized one they both are waiting for binding.

I guess the next one will be for my husband. He has requested a southwest "I guess more mexican" design one. He likes the bold colors of Mexico. So now I have to come up with a pattern.