Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who has the most UFO'S >

Who has the most UFO'S

Who has the most UFO'S

Old 07-11-2010, 05:37 PM

Yaaaaayyyyy!!! Since this thread started this morning, I sandwiched and quilted a baby quilt and a table runner! So now I'm down to 30 UFOs! Does that mean I can start something new? I will post pictures in a few minutes.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:30 PM

If I didn't have a WIP around all the time someone would have to bury me because I always have to have something to do!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:50 AM

2 table toppers to be sandwiched and quilted.
5 kits to be started...maybe more.
A tub of fabric bought for quilts in plastic bags waiting to be cut, sewed. Makes me want to get busy sewing! :)
Old 07-12-2010, 04:42 AM

WOW you need the name for a good longarmer or just a friend with the machine where are you come play with me
Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 AM

I betcha I will win this contest. I get really bored doing the same thing all the time and I want to start something different. I need help. The professional kind.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by MinnieKat
I made a list once ... and put each one on a little slip of paper and put in a jar. Then I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't start anything new unless I finished (or at least worked on) one of my UFO's and I'd pull one out of the jar. That did work for a while but soon fell by the wayside. I think I have to get back to it. I have about a dozen UFO's! Maybe more!
Now that is a great idea! I don't know how many I have, but they are all together in two containers. Or more, who knows?
I love to stitch the blocks but seem to freeze when it's ready to be put together. All that I have made so far have been given away, I would like to finish at least one for myself. LOL
Old 07-12-2010, 05:51 AM

I don't want to count my UFO's as that may stop the flow of projects I want to do that are stored in my brain or sitting on the cutting table.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:54 AM

I have:
8 quilt tops
9 quilts ready to be sewn together
1 apron
1 Bag
1 quilt I am quilting
9 coloring book bags
WOW, I better get busy :roll:
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 AM

Well I think my friends counted 50 at one time but I have been very busy finishing alot of them up and getting them to the quilters...I have 8 there now and about that many ready to go when she gets them done...
Several years ago I challenged myself...I said I wouldn't buy any more fabric that year until I finished up every single UFO I had...and told my friends....so they kept me on track and honest with myself...I did finish everyone of them up at the time....the next year I did the same thing with books and magazine...I said I wouldn't buy anymore that year until I had made at least one quilt out of each book or magazine or get rid of them...and so thats what I did....but of course I was able to buy new fabrics...so I still was having a great time in quilt shops....I need to challenge myself again..it was great fun .....I have a fabric stash to die for according to most people that come and quilt at my house..but I readily give it to anyone who loves it...I have been blessed by a dh that supports my addiction..heheheh...so...I share what I love...not my dh though..he is not on the list of sharing...heheheh....my mil and my mom both love to come and pick fabrics for the sewing needs..my mil is a beautiful seamstress and makestunning ourfits for all the gd's and ggd's...and doesn't believe in having UFO's...heheheh...blessings
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
I plead the 5th! LOL

Seriously, I don't like to call them UFOs. I guess it's a mental thing, I feel better calling them WIPs. I've been really good about finishing up the unfinished ones lately. I'm down to:
2 - just need binding (one was an old project, one new)
2 - need borders, sandwiching, quilting (one I don't like, hence the hesitation; the other is for me and I put aside to work on gifts)
2 - tops need sandwiching, quilting (one I just completed, the other I need more FMQ practice to finish as I'd like to)
1 - just nee quilting (when (if) I ever decide on a quilting pattern)
I agree - WORK IN PROGRESS - not UFO. I most always go back and finish - even if it is several years later.