Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who was this Paducah vendor? >

Who was this Paducah vendor?

Who was this Paducah vendor?

Old 04-26-2016, 08:41 AM

I think RAChhap listed the one I was thinking of. I had the program book & thought that might have been the vendor but when i checked their website it was basically under construction. Thanks all for your help. I guess the lesson here is if you see something you like, get it before you leave town!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
There is one i buy from at road2ca all the time and all they sell are fat quarters and fat quarter patterns made by them they are called sweet treats and the shop is called the pincushion boutique here is the site, hope its the one you are looking for

http://www.sweettreat.com/Version2.3.4/catalog/
I have bought several packs from this group.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:41 AM

Isn't there a label or something in the packaging? Did you get a receipt with the purchase? Hope you find the stall.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
Isn't there a label or something in the packaging? Did you get a receipt with the purchase?
I don't think she purchased anything at the time.

My method for quilt shows is to get a map, walk through everything and make a note of specifically what I liked and which booth number (vendor) it was at. Then I go look at the quilts in the show. I come back to the vendor area later (if it's a multi-day show, I'll sleep on it and come back the next day) and if there's a product I can't stop thinking about, I'll return to that booth and buy it. This works pretty well, especially for curbing those impulsive, what-was-I-thinking purchases. If I suspect that a product may not be there the next day, I inquire about possibly purchasing it online from the vendor at a later date. I get a business card and write down what I want on the back.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:06 AM

Great method, Peckish! I am going to try to do that if I get to stay for multiple days. With only one day at Paducah, I combined looking at the quilts with looking at the vendors. Wrote down the booth # of those that had something that caught my interest. Ate lunch, thought about all that I was interested in and then headed back to those vendors. More walking but hey, the step count on my Fitbit was outstanding!
Old 04-28-2016, 07:18 AM

I agree Peckish & in previous years I've done that but for some reason I didn't follow that this year. Will return to that method next year as my brain didn't seem to retain the information like I thought it would...I think because I had more time I spent more time browsing. Since I didn't mark the booths that I liked I retraced a lot of steps. Also, my shopping partner has slightly different interests & steered my away from fabric partly because I said I wasn't buying any this year! Why did I make that vow? Why did she listen?