Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why can't I bring up the bobbin thread on my longarm? >

Why can't I bring up the bobbin thread on my longarm?

Why can't I bring up the bobbin thread on my longarm?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:57 PM

Well, I couldn't figure out the problem, so my sis-in-law hauled it in to the dealer. They tweaked the tension but otherwise, it worked perfect for them. Just like taking the car to the mechanic, there were no other problems. Hopefully I'll be able to test it out tonight. If I still can't get it to work, I'll go crazy!

Last edited by Christine27; 02-28-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:56 PM

I've been continuing to battle with my machine. Today I attended a framequilting lecture/demo at my LQS and the floor model acted just like mine. Another lady said her machine is doing that too. The teacher said she would talk to the repair technician so hopefully I'll get a solution soon.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

If you have changed the needle at all be sure it is in all the way and as above, facing the right way and or not twisted slightly to one side or the other. Good luck.
peace
Old 03-28-2012, 02:22 AM

Have you found out what is causing the problem? I'm having a similar problem with my machine, and I can't figure out why!
Originally Posted by Christine27 View Post
I've been continuing to battle with my machine. Today I attended a framequilting lecture/demo at my LQS and the floor model acted just like mine. Another lady said her machine is doing that too. The teacher said she would talk to the repair technician so hopefully I'll get a solution soon.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:45 PM

No answer yet. The LQS was sending a lady over today but she's been sick so we'll have to reschedule. Besides, it's been working PERFECTLY since I talked to the dealer. This morning when I still thought the expert was coming over, I was ready to use some choice words because my fickle machine was finally behaving!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 PM

To find the burr you can run a finger nail along the edge of the race. Smooth the burr with crocus cloth, found at any hardware store.

http://quiltdasher.blogspot.com/
Old 02-11-2023, 06:35 PM

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Is your needle in the right way? Sounds dumb, but it's an easy mistake to make, and it makes it impossible to bring up the bottom thread. There is a front and a back to the needle.
Thank you so much. I had no idea. I tried to stitch through my ruler and when I changed the needle nothing was working. Thank you. You really saved me.