Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why cant we delete our OWN double Postings?

Blog Entries
    The club chair is a great delete button. (Thanks Patrice) I'm also in the edit, delete contents, update chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNana
    I have had such a good laugh.
    We can say that we are having a PICNIC= Problem In Chair Not In Computer!
    i'm going to steal that one for work.

my users will hear of PICNICs, and of being a few ants short of a PICNIC.

and i won't tell them what it means. :twisted:

:XD: :XD: :XD:
    LOVE IT -
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

When this has happened to me, I simply go in, delete all of the words through the "EDIT" button and it is gone. You may still end up with an Avatar, but the message part will be empty.

P.S. Sorry, didn't read all the posts before I sent the same suggestion others had.

Yes, that very thing has happened to me to. Then I think everyone is saying, That women must have double-clicked on the send... But, really I didn't. I am sure we are not the only ones this has happened to.

I've double posted a lot. Could never find a way to delete. Will have to try the "edit" suggestion. What happens to me is that, usually the post goes up right away. Sometimes I can't remember whether I hit "send" because I don't see it right away, so I think I didn't hit "send" and hit it again. Then I see both of them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbie
    I made my first double post yesterday. As I didn't think to ask Admin to delete it, I went back into the duplicate with the edit button, erased my message and wrote another completely different sentence. I figured that way it would just look like I'd had another idea about the topic and wouldn't appear as a double post. It worked for me.
    Good thinking! I commend your creativity!

Power Poster
    I love the PICNIC acroynym!!! :thumbup: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Have you tried going to edit, backing over the whole note, then hitting your backspace button? I've found that works ok for me.

I have seen messages (as of late) come up "Locked" -

What is that used for?

Marysewfun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texpat45
    I'm the second idiot on this board! I double posted twice in a row a couple of days ago...don't know how it happened. It's my laptop's fault...I think.
    My laptop does the same thing to me. 8-)

Ditto I've double posted several time. It's embarrassing but hey, welcome to my world.lol.

Blog Entries
    Do it all the time myself. I just get in too big a hurry for it to show up so I hit it again.

Happens sometimes when you leave your finger 4 too long on the send button, no harm done, so don't worry about it. We've all done it at least once.❤

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matraina
    I've double posted a lot. Could never find a way to delete. Will have to try the "edit" suggestion. What happens to me is that, usually the post goes up right away. Sometimes I can't remember whether I hit "send" because I don't see it right away, so I think I didn't hit "send" and hit it again. Then I see both of them there.
    an accidental double-post is not a rules violation. it causes no harm at all to the board or to the topic.

please don't worry if it happens to you. we'd rather you left it alone than rush in to delete the words in the extra post.

when they're left alone, we all know what happened. when we encounter self-edited posts that leave nothing but blank space, it looks a lot more strange than two of the same.

we fix the ones we find. we don't worry about the ones we miss. life's too short. :lol:

I think I have done it twice this week. I believe it is because I hit the back arrow button got distracted, saw the message and thought I hadn't hit send. I hit send and there it is, same message posted twice.

I have double posted also. It being in era. My computer is slow sometimes and I'm not always sure if I clicked it or not.

I responded to a PDA (personal diary announcement) and checked back 2 weeks later. Well my response was there but not the question. I thought that was odd. So it had to have been from the moderators since we can't delete anything.

Quote Originally Posted by belmer
    I just made a boo boo and I double posted on a reply and I was wondering why this isn't set up to delete our own mistakes, instead I feel like an IDIOT double posting. Does someone have an answer for me? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I would like to know the answer to that question too. I am always making some kind of mistake.

Blog Entries
    members cannot delete posts. we learned several years ago that it can lead to abuse, confusion and headaches for everybody.

there is absolutely no need to feel like an idiot if you accidentally double-post. it happens for a lot of reasons, most of which don't have anything to do with the user's level of intelligence.

usually, it's because the browser hangs up and we think the post didn't go through. we do the naturally human thing and click the "send" button again. i've seen triple posts. i've received up to four copies of the same pm.

it's no big deal.

Blog Entries
    Just consider it a computer "hic cup"..
    it is all good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2