Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Why Does This Happen To Me???

Saturday evening I mailed an order to Keepsake for two yards of fabric that is $8.96 a yard. Sunday afternoon I found the same fabric on another site for $6.25. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Blog Entries
    After purchasing fabric, never, ever, look at the same fabric at another site :shock: then you can avoid the irritation :wink: :roll: :roll:

Blog Entries
    Ouch!!! That hurts. But I been there done that too.

that is a shame. Keepsake is alittle pricey. where did you find it cheaper?

Blog Entries
    I don't know why, Boston, but it happens to me all the time with all sorts of things. I decide I want to buy something, and research all the available outlets locally, and the minute I have paid for said item, one of the shops has a sale and reduces same. It's enough to make me tear my hair out, so I can understand your frustration. It's a wonder I am not bald.

Blog Entries
    It brings to mind "Murphy's Law" :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    After purchasing fabric, never, ever, look at the same fabric at another site :shock: then you can avoid the irritation :wink: :roll: :roll:
    Yep :D :roll:

The other site was called Ann's. They are also in New Hampshire. I found her in the collection of 200 shops where you look up something and it tells you which shops have it.

I feel your pain! It's always a toss up as to whether to buy now or wait for a sale or find it less expensive elsewhere. You must have felt very motivated about this fabric, so I would just decide to feel good about it. It probably all evens out in the wash and you will get a great price on your next purchase. Enjoy and send pics!

I had bought some before, up home, and when I saw it on their site I decided to get some. I say decided because the decision came nearly 3 months ago. I finally actually go ahead and order and then.........

That happens to me alot! :oops: :oops: I am a buyer, and not a shopper, so I get taken often! So, I decided not to let it bother me, or I would go nuts! :D

Been there, done that.. .might of even wrote the silly book on it cause it happens to me ALOT! :cry:

I think it happens to all of us one time or another. I've learned to sigh and roll my eyes and then let it go.

type any fabric you want into the search on quiltshops.com to find the best prices. I use this site alot.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    Well... maybe this will make you feel better.

Supposing you use it to make a BEAUTIFUL quilt, and you then use that quilt for, say two years, enjoying it every day. Over the two years, you'd be paying less than a penny per day, to make up for the difference in the selling price of the fabric. And after the two years, you can then enjoy your quilt for free!

(I use this same logic in reverse to remind me never to buy clothing that's dry-clean only. Let's see... it will cost HOW MUCH per wearing??)

Blog Entries
    Think of it this way - if you had NOT bought it, every on-line shop would probably be OUT of it, and you would be even MORE annoyed with yourself!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaw
    type any fabric you want into the search on quiltshops.com to find the best prices. I use this site alot.
    Thank you SO MUCH for reminding me about this site. I stopped everything and went there directly and finally found the 1" black and white check - not gingham - fabric I have been looking for - AND I found it on sale! I bookmarked www.quiltshops.com so I won't lose track of it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I don't know why, Boston, but it happens to me all the time with all sorts of things. I decide I want to buy something, and research all the available outlets locally, and the minute I have paid for said item, one of the shops has a sale and reduces same. It's enough to make me tear my hair out, so I can understand your frustration. It's a wonder I am not bald.

The big secret is once you've done what you think is sufficient research and have made your purchase, don't do anymore research. What's done is done. Life is too short. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Keepsakes will have sale on something that you will want and you'll save money then. It all works out over time. If I see something I want at the price I'm willing to pay I buy it without wasting time trying to find it cheaper someplace else. That will lead to indecision and stress and regret. I don't have time for that in my head.

Blog Entries
    good luck next time

It's a hobby---let it go.........$3 one way or another just
    doesn't make a big differance in anyone's life..

Have fun!