Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why is it?? >

Why is it??

Why is it??

Old 11-17-2009, 11:51 AM

I have several LQS to pick from here in the Greater St. Louis area. They are user friendly with great staff. Some of their prices are inching up, but each one specializes in a different genre of fabric, so in effect they compliment each other. They all offer classes and are open on Saturday, and at least one night a week. None is right next door to me, but most are equidistant from me. They are pretty spaced out, so I need to know which direction I am going when I take out from home. They all have great sales! I am happy to have such a great selection so I can feel my fabric and know what color it really is. I have not done any shopping on line!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 AM

That's to bad.

The LQS near me is a Janome dealer. I've always spent under $30 for feet that I need.

They are great with repairs and any information that you would want.

She has been in business for 25 years and has 6 full time employees and several part timers.

That place is packed all the time.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:38 PM

There are two "true" LQS on here on the island and 4-5 other discount stores. One is unfriendly and I don't go there unless I'm in a bind. The other is a tiny store that is jam-packed with fabric and "stuff" and is nearly clastrophobic, but the owner is one of those who knows nearly every customer by name! She knows their likes and dislikes, their skills, etc. She is willing to bring in whatever a customer needs and is a gem! All of her classes are on Saturdays for us working folks and her teachers are terrific.