Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wildflower Rhapsody BOM >

Wildflower Rhapsody BOM

Wildflower Rhapsody BOM

Old 07-09-2011, 11:40 AM

Is anyone participating in the Wildflower Rhapsody BPM quilt? I'm having problems with the center of the quilt. I attached the borders aorund the center. Next I tried to attach the focal sides around the center and the focal sides are about 1 1/2 in too long. I double checed all of the blocks and they are the correct size. Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks
Old 07-09-2011, 12:25 PM

I'm doing this as a Saturday Sampler for our local quilt shop. I had a lot of problems with Block six, as some of the size pieces cut were WAY larger than the coordinating pieces. It worked out okay, because the piece was squared up to 3" but I sure was scratching my head wondering why they called for that size piece of fabric.

I haven't gotten to the center of the quilt yet, but does it have you square something up after it's finished? I'll get my pattern out later and see if I can see anything glaring in the instructions.

So far, I'm not loving this quilt. But I'm positive when the quilt shop gets their's done and quilted it will be breathtaking and I would have kicked myself for not doing it :)
Old 07-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

do you have a pic of the quilt? sounds delightful
Old 07-09-2011, 01:18 PM

you can see pic here http://www.homespunhearth.com/Wildfl...-the-Month.asp

this is a beautiful quilt. i am sure that once your problems are ironed out you will have a wonderful quilt. would love to see pics.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pdcakm
you can see pic here http://www.homespunhearth.com/Wildfl...-the-Month.asp

this is a beautiful quilt. i am sure that once your problems are ironed out you will have a wonderful quilt. would love to see pics.
thanks, that's so soft and pretty and i love the dresden fans in the corners.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:56 PM

OMG, I just started that one. Well, not exactly, I'm collecting all the months. I am getting them quarterly and am 3 quarters in and haven't touched it yet. I just love the colors though. I will have to keep track of this topic to see how it all goes.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:23 PM

I'm doing it as a BOM from a LQS in Greenville, MI. Everyone here says they're hating the cut too big and trim down later instructions. To make it really frustrating, the shop handed out printed "recommendations" to buy their thangles to make your triangles, then they don't give you nearly enough fabric to use the thangles. Very frustrating. Same problem each month, and often an eighth of an inch of fabric to spare, if there's enough. My bad luck has been wavy strips cut not square. Glad when it's done, too much money for everyone to have the same problems.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:11 PM

$49.99 per month
REALLY!?!
I think that's my whole fabric buget per month [although I've spent $150 this month - I've skipped a coupla months], and I do quite well on it. I could easily buy enough fabric to make the entire quilt for what one block cost.
It oughta be perfect for that. Practically make itself, even.